Do you treat yourself weigh in night?

I weigh myself Saturday mornings and if I've lost I have a treat that day. It may be a meal out,it could be a chocolate treat,
Alcoholic drink etc.

So far this seems to be working as long as I'm careful with my syns during the week. If I'm not careful the rest of the week I risk gaining.

I think I will continue to do this as long as I'm losing. Its working for me at this point in time. Either way I'm not eating anywhere near as much unhealthy food or takeaways I ate before the plan.:eek: So overall I'm eating much more healthier with a lot more fruit/veg.

Perhaps as time goes on I may feel differently and not need treat myself with food goodies. But what I'm doing now is working and keeps me motivated.

I weigh in first thing in the morning (at home, so it could be really early!) and I don't have a "treat" meal. To be honest, I still feel like all my meals are treats. I can't quite get over how good everything tastes and how much I can eat. (And a SW fakeaway is definately a treat :drool:)

I have the occasional meal out, because your social life must go on...but I try to save a few syns up for these.

Lost 3 pounds this week and have decided not to have a treat tea. First time! I did save some syns so I could have a bag of crisps, but feel more motivated by not having a treat tea

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too have decided to not have treat night, and I'm not missing it. I've had a lovely on-plan tea and feel more in control :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had 2 treat nights last week and lost 2lbs at WI tonight, so,thought I'd have a treat tonight too, tbh it's not worth the guilt I won't be doing it again! And my body definitely doesn't agree I feel so bloated and yucky!

Sometimes.. It may be a 'treat' but it's still on plan.. I might get a Chinese but make sure it's always within my syns and that I have my superfree! But still any takeaway is a treat :D

Does anyone know if the Fakeaways book is out yet?

I would really like to get a copy ASAP as I sometimes do miss certain foods (kebabs would be nice which aren't the rank greasy things I used to get)! :)

The thought of treating myself never even crossed my mind. I prefer to think of Slimming World as a change of diet, not a diet that I can 'cheat'. Weigh in is just to track my progress, not the main event. If anything weigh in motivates me even more, and especially after image therapy.

I don't treat a weigh-in day any differently from any other day, if anything because I'm home late after group I tend to reserve HEXs for some Ryvita and cheese or whatever so that I have something quickly available as soon as I walk in. Personally I find the "treat night" idea quite an odd concept. I'd far rather save my syns to use sensibly over the course of a week, and to deal with anything unexpected that might crop up, than blow them all at the beginning of the week and feel like I have to play catch-up, or even worse deprive myself, for the next seven days. And as for people who don't syn their "treats" at all and just consign them to some kind of magic black hole - I really do find that hard to get my head around! My new week starts the moment I step off the scales and everything that goes into my mouth is accounted for.

I often have a treat on WI day, but so far it's always been a within my syns treat.

Yesterday my husband bemoaned the fact that we haven't been to our favourite Italian for lunch for ages so we've decided to go weekend after next and I was planning a post WI "cheat" pizza but I'm scared that if I get into that mindset that I'll cheat all the time like I used to on WW so I'll probably end up synning a spag bol instead.

We discussed this at our meeting a few weeks ago and my consultant pointed out that you may have all week to get back on track, but you'll also have taken a hefty chunk of that week's syns before your week has even started. This has stuck in my head more than anything else I've heard at my meetings.

My consultant would probably freak if she knew, but i have 'naughties' after every WI. I have a 'naughty meal' or some goodies that i have been craving all week. I always been a chocolate lover so looking forward to some chocolate on a monday night is what keeps me going for the week. It keeps me focused on 100% food optimising. And i can use my daily syns on other things!

I normally get a takeaway and/or go to the cinema n share a butter popcorn with the oh after wi. I have always lost the next wi wen I stick to plan for the week.

My leader even says to people to have ur curry etc tonight n get it out of ur system n start fresh next day x

I normally treat myself but today after having quite a big loss I will be staying on plan no treats. Will be having a fakeaway from the new book tomorrow night but that will be syn free :D

I usually do, but from now on I don't think I will - or maybe have a small SW friendly meal that I really fancy and feels naughty, as I think it can make you complacent, my Friday night after WI treat has been slowly turning into an all weekend binge, for which I punish myself for the entire week afterwards, it's really very counterproductive, especially with SW, because it's a lifestyle change, and I can't punish myself all week for the rest of my life! I think if you can handle it and it doesn't affect your losses then brilliant, but I'd recommend having a slightly naughty treat rather than say "screw it I've got a week to work it off" and getting a big takeaway etc. So this Friday I shall be having SW shepherds pie, but with a few additions (gravy) and some extra cheese, naughty but nice!

When I did WW I used to reward myself with treats after WI. But I never did very well on WW and I started to have the treats even if I didn't lose any weight!

But it doesn't really make sense to reward yourself with food for having lost weight! Plus for me using food as a reward keeps up the addiction to food (personally speaking) so I want to break that this time around.

I normally treat myself but today after having quite a big loss I will be staying on plan no treats. Will be having a fakeaway from the new book tomorrow night but that will be syn free :D

It's amazing how a good loss keeps you on track x

Tanyalina, i have the same problem. I tend to eat better on my weigh in night if i have lost, but worse if i havent done so well. I need to break this habbit fast!

Back