Do you treat yourself weigh in night?

there's nothing wrong with getting a takeaway after weigh-in, the trick is to work out a low-syn takeaway.

try donner meat with salad for 6 syns or chicken in oyster sauce with rice for 4.5 syns.

... I've only dieter once. My stats are below. I had a takeaway and God, so much else straight after WI every week. I lost consistently and found my twilight zone / no counting treat nights where what kept me on track.

This said, now I need to relose the weight again following pregnancy and a v rough year, it's not something I feel I can do now. It would be too difficult to reign it back the rest of the week.

I don't treat myself after WI because I don't like to think that I'm restricting myself from anything. I like to treat myself every day with my syns. If I was to treat myself only once a week I'd probably end up giving up on day 2. Fakeaways are great! However, I wouldn't 'treat' myself to one as I know I can have this as a meal any time I want. The main reason SW works for me is because I don't feel like I'm dieting. Plus rewarding yourself for loosing weight with a 'treat' doesn't really make sense to me.

When I did sw last year I always had a treat wi day - whatever I wanted takeaway wise!

Hence to say I'm starting again - and this week after an amZing first week of -5.5 I decided actually it was more important to have a good week. I wi on sat and last week we went out for dinner on the Friday night which was lovely.

I think the key is to plan meals you look forward too.

A flexible day is great. But a regular treat night can be detrimental mentally I think. But everyone's different find what works for you xx

I don't have a treat night on WI. I have done previously but just don't feel I need it and don't want to make it harder than it needs to be. Bottom line is this doesn't feel like I am depriving myself so I don't feel the need for the treat.

I found that when I had only a 0.5lb loss last week i went straight to mcdonalds...but having lost 5lb this week i went home for fish and syn free egg fried rice...need to get out of the comfort eating when I'm not happy with my loss, although it obviously did me no harm this week
Having a good loss defo spurs you on, well done you

I don't tend to have a treat night as I think it sets me up for a bad week. I weigh in on Monday's so it is the start of the week for me. I did have a slab of cheesecake today, which worked out at 14 syns so I used that as my "treat" even though I am not going over syns.

Just realised I fibbed.....when I have a good weigh in I buy a new recipe book as a reward. But I don't have a food treat
So that wasn't really a fib then ha ha as we were confessing to our little indulgences of the food variety

maybe buying a treat of another type is a much better reward tho

Back