Do you use all your syns??

Madamejones25

Hey!!

So I was just wondering if you all use your syns?? I ask because my sister in law has lost 4stone since aug and she never used any syns!! I don't know whether it's best to use mine or not??

I generally use between 8 and 15 syns a day depending on how many treats I want.

It is important to use some syns a day and then should you hit a plateau you'll be able to kick start your weight loss but cutting down on syns.

I couldn't imagine NOT using my syns... your sister in law must have some will power.... I keep mine for alcohol/choc/crisps...I couldn't give up all of that... I'd lost my reason ifI did :17729::17729:

I also meant to add that your body still needs the naughty stuff so your weight loss doesn't slow down...

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol :p

But the reality is very few people could live life with no syns...

Urgh, a life with no syns would be no life! I usually have the full 15. I joined at the end of May & had lost 5 stone by mid October.

MrsBig B tends to only have 5 syns a day if remember rightly & she has just hit target with about 6 stone loss in 20 something weeks (hope I have got this right!).

On my first foray into SW I used a nominal number of syns (like, 12 a week) for a weekly bar of chocolate and I lost 4 stone pretty quickly. But then I started gorging myself on Twirls, and now I'm 4 stone heavier than I was then.

MrsBig B tends to only have 5 syns a day if remember rightly & she has just hit target with about 6 stone loss in 20 something weeks (hope I have got this right!).

REALLY?? I could do with that....six stone in 20 weeks, oh my lord. Well done to that person!!

It took me 30 weeks to hit 6 stone loss.

I make sure I use at least 70 a week. I don't know how true this is but I was told you need naughty stuff in your diet as if you cut it out your body forgets how to break it down & use it as energy so when you eventually start eating it again your body wont process it as quickly / efficiently = weight gain. Obviously if you never intend to eat bad suff again then it doesn't matter but where's the fun in that?! X

mrsthunderbolt said:
Urgh, a life with no syns would be no life! I usually have the full 15. I joined at the end of May & had lost 5 stone by mid October.

Flip that's amazing 5 stone in like 5 months??? Was that by just sticking to the plan?? Do you exercise? I'm all for the syns also but I thought that maybe I shouldn't cus my sis in law didn't but think I've proved I should!!!

I lost 6st 3lb in 24 weeks :) just hit my target . I had between 5 and 8 syns most days . I would recommend using some so you don't feel deprived but keeping them low has worked for me . I'm doing the same now so I don't go out of target . Funny to see you all having a chat about me pmsl .

Madamejones25 said:
Flip that's amazing 5 stone in like 5 months??? Was that by just sticking to the plan?? Do you exercise? I'm all for the syns also but I thought that maybe I shouldn't cus my sis in law didn't but think I've proved I should!!!

I have excersised too just walking on the wii ect not gone overboard lol I joined the gym in mid November but it didn't change my losses just kept them going ;)

I've only just started but am averaging about 11-12 syns a day. Am also breast feeding so it says to use full 15 but am doing just under that. Mainly so I don't feel deprived. Wow you girls have some amazing losses! Well done!

I lost 6st 3lb in 24 weeks :) just hit my target . I had between 5 and 8 syns most days . I would recommend using some so you don't feel deprived but keeping them low has worked for me . I'm doing the same now so I don't go out of target . Funny to see you all having a chat about me pmsl .

Did you use them daily or save them for the weekend?

Slimbysummer said:
Did you use them daily or save them for the weekend?

Only used them daily except on 2 occasions Xmas day and one day at the start of December where I had 50 syns and 5 or less the others

I only have about 5 or 6 syns and sometimes 2.5. I am better not starting eating anything like chocolate because then I want another one. I tend to use them now for things like real grainy bread, some measured butter, a scone if I am out and an avocado once a week. The minimum 2.5 I use is for milk as I like my coffee quite milky. Your body doesn't need any rubbish food at all. If you only have a little to lose you may find it more difficult having the extra 300 calories each day.

When I did slimming world first I had 5 syns a day and had great losses. The second time I rejoined slimming world I had 15 a day and found it harder as I was having a taste of alcohol and fast food and therefore going a bit over my syns sometimes as I wanted more of the bad food and then I was gaining all the time. I'd stick to 5-7 a day for a good loss. If you plateau, theres always body magic to boost your loss. :)

It took me 38 weeks to hit 6 stone. I've lost just over 7 so far. I stick to plan in the week then have a day off on Saturdays, usually between 50-80 syns on a Saturday. My syns average 15 a day in the week but some days it'll only be 4 or 5 syns, other days 20 or 25, it averages 15 over the week. I dont do any exercise yet (in fact I dont leave the house more than once a week at the moment :( ) though. I average 2.25lb a week. I could probably lose faster if I cut out Saturdays and reduced syns in the week but I couldnt do that forever, I need a life too. Doing that turns it into a D-I-E-T for me. Doing it this way means I can keep it up for the rest of my life. If I couldn't have a day off here and there and had to stick to bang on 10 syns a day or whatever I couldn't handle it, its just depressing.

I do need to kick my ass about exercise this year though :rolleyes:

Back