Do you use all your syns??

I have lost 4 stone since June, I've used as many of my syns as I have wanted to, usually 15, sometimes 10 sometimes 5, more than not 15! Eat them!

I have 5-8 a day during the week (usually on a fun size chocolate bar with my lunch) and then splurge on fridays and saturdays (a couple of glasses of wine and diet lemonade, nothing too dramatic). I never use all of my syn allowance for the week because I never feel like I need to. Don't get me wrong, some times I am very close to it, but not always ;)

The beauty of syns is you can use them to fit into your lifestyle and I find weekend splurges keep me on track and as ermintrude said it feels less like a diet that way.

I've been doing SW for 15 weeks and have lost 3st 6lbs, and that is with using pretty much all my syns, usually 12 or 13 per day. That said, I did start at 21st and think that must make a difference. Surely if you've less to lose then it might not be that quick?

I use most, if not all, of mine... Usually on chocolate :)

mrs big b said:
I have excersised too just walking on the wii ect not gone overboard lol I joined the gym in mid November but it didn't change my losses just kept them going ;)

Flip me ur like my idol! 6 months in 24 months is just amazing! So u just stayed on track, used a few syns and some exercise? I'm so jealous! What plan did u follow?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm def using my syns then, everyone has lost amazing amounts in such short periods of time! I've lost just over a stone in 3 months which is ridiculous considering how much I could have lost!!! Definitely this will be my year xx

I use around 10-15 syns every day, I have lost 4 stone in 8 months and have started work on the final stone (or there abouts). for me this journey has not been about how fast I can lose but learning control, my biggest achievement (apart from getting into a size 14 for the first time ever) was maintaining my weight over the two christmas weigh-ins. I wanted to enjoy the holidays without feeling deprived, I had lots of treats, christmas pud, cream, some chocolate, mince pies etc but in moderation, breakfasts were always on plan and hubby brought me a small bottle of Malibu which i drank with diet coke.

I feel confident that for the first time ever I will be able to keep my weight under control and it is such a good feeling, my only regret is that I didnt do this years ago.

Wow 6 stone 3 in 24 weeks that's INCREDIBLE!! I would love to lose 6 stone! How did you keep going? Were you really strict? Well done! Xx

I always use my syns up and do have between 13 to 15 a day. I have lost 4 st 6 lbs in 20 weeks.

Madamejones25 said:
Flip me ur like my idol! 6 months in 24 months is just amazing! So u just stayed on track, used a few syns and some exercise? I'm so jealous! What plan did u follow?

all 3 but favouring red in the last few months lol

losebabyweight said:
Wow 6 stone 3 in 24 weeks that's INCREDIBLE!! I would love to lose 6 stone! How did you keep going? Were you really strict? Well done! Xx

yes ive had 2 flexi days in that time . i seem to have very good willpower lol its paid off tho ;)

I usually have my full 15 on both weekend days and then around 5-7 each weekday. That works best for me ;)

This is my first week at slimming world and I've hardly had any syns all week except fri and sat night on vodka and diet coke. Is it bad to use so many syns over a few days or is it best to spread them out? My first weigh in is tmw pm

I use very few syns during the week. This is because my weaknesses are stodgy savoury foods - pie, pizza, buttered white french bread. I'm not a big eater of chocolate or biscuits so I can easily do without them. I think I'm quite lucky in a way due to way my tastes are as it does minimise my snacking - not many people are going to cook a pie for an evening snack!!

My biggest downfall when dieting is alcohol as I do love wine on fridays and saturdays. I try and avoid it, but it's good to know my syns are low so if I want a few glasses on a saturday night, I can.

I only lost a 1lb this week but I think it's because when I am using my syns they aren't planned, so it's like a few here and few there, so I never really know how many I've used!! I'm going out for dinner tomorrow night, and I'm going to try and be good, but I will use syns for that and try to count them as best I can!! Then start a fresh on weds!! I really want a good weight loss next week, need to shake my ass into gear!!

4 days in and I have been having about 5 syns a day- I have between 70-100 a week avaliable.
I have small some malteasers (19g) , snack a jacks or a curly whurly per day as a treat. I am trying not to have any other syns at other times.

I think you should use all your sysns if it keeps you on the SW diet plan but I want to lose my weight in a short time period so the less the better I think.

This is my first week at slimming world and I've hardly had any syns all week except fri and sat night on vodka and diet coke. Is it bad to use so many syns over a few days or is it best to spread them out? My first weigh in is tmw pm

Last time round when I done SW, I tried to use very few syns a day, and saved them up for the weekend, I lost 2 stone, so it worked for me. This is my 1st week back on it , so hopefully will work again this time. Good luck with your 1st weigh in x

4 days in and I have been having about 5 syns a day- I have between 70-100 a week avaliable.
I have small some malteasers (19g) , snack a jacks or a curly whurly per day as a treat. I am trying not to have any other syns at other times.

I think you should use all your sysns if it keeps you on the SW diet plan but I want to lose my weight in a short time period so the less the better I think.

Well, see how that works for you when you weigh in, but honestly, less syns each week doesn't necessarily mean quicker losses. In fact some people find not having all their syns actually slows them down. Just try to keep an open mind on it. Maybe experiment with syns per week and loss achieved to test out how many per week is YOUR optimum for weight loss.

Hey madamejones25 i c ur from northern ireland what part ? x

Back