Do you use your Syns and healthy extras everyday?

T

Treacle

I'm attemting SW on my own at home but not 100% sure if I'm doing it right.

Apart from a tiny bit of sauce/salad cream etc once a day, I haven't used my Syns on anything.

I'm completely full up on the free food, on a Green day and so far I've had:

Brekkie: scrambled eggs and beans
Snack: Banana
Lunch: jacket potato and salad with a bit of coleslaw (need to check syn value)
Dinner: prawn (HEB) stirfry with noodles.

My HEA will be milk in my coffee each day and apart from a muller lite later, I'm full.

How can I get the other Healthy extras and syns in? :confused: Would rather not use syns for chocolate as I'm trying to stay away from treats.

Will I not lose as much weight if I don't have them?

Thanks

T
x
T

You need to use your HEX, because these have got things in that the body needs, calcium and fibre and the likes. The syns are the little extra bits, sugar and fats. It's recommended that you try and use your syns, so that if you reach a plateau, you can drop some syns, if you haven't been using them, there's nothing to cut back on.

you really must use your syns, however you decide to use them.. some do weekly, some do the recommended 5-15 a day.. others save them for the weekend but it wont work without them.. you do have to use your HE also, you could have had cheese on ur baked potatoe.. or when im stuck and havnt used my HE after eating all day, il make up a milky cadburys highlights hot chocky for 2 syns, but add sweetner to even it all out.

xxx

I do yes, i use around all 15 syns day, max- ive not been too good recently, so im spending tomorrow not having ANY syns to make up for it

I probably averaging 5-9 syns a day and that works pretty well for me, you dont have to give up treats on this diet which is fab!

I'm completely full up on the free food, on a Green day and so far I've had:

Brekkie: scrambled eggs and beans
Lunch: jacket potato and salad with a bit of coleslaw (need to check syn value)
Dinner: prawn (HEB) stirfry with noodles.

My HEA will be milk in my coffee each day and apart from a muller lite later, I'm full.

How can I get the other Healthy extras and syns in? :confused:
x
T

Personally, I found the way to use my HE's every day was to plan them into my meals. If I kept them for 'extras' (as the name implies) I would, like you, be too full to have them. Also, by mixing the syns into your food, you don't have to worry about 'treats'.

For example:

Brekkie: scrambled eggs, toast - HB (with butter - syns) and beans.
Lunch: jacket potato, butter or marg - syns, Grated cheese - HA and salad(with dressing) with a bit of coleslaw (need to check syn value)
Dinner: prawn (HEB) stirfry with noodles. tsp oil for stir fry (syns)

So, in answer to your question, I fit 1xHA and both HB's into my diet every day, sometimes having the second A. I have between 8 and 12 syns a day, and although I drink mine :eek: you could incorporate them into your meals just as easily.

I use my hex b's every day (I wish we could have more, I love bread and cereals) and sometimes I use two hex a's. Don't forget you can use your hexb's on some soups, humous and olive oil. I have between 2-10 syns a day but I go over at the weekend, so I'm sure it balances out. If you're having trouble using your syns you could always drink them!! Or use them for stir fry sauces etc.

I use my Hex's everyday. As for my syns I tend to have a binge of syns on one day and then make up for it by reducing my syns for the rest of the week.
I used 53 syns on Tuesday, it isn't something i'm proud of :( but since then I've had a total of 5 syns over the last 3 days and i intend to keep having syns free or very low syn days for the rest of the week to repair the damage.

Try using some bread, cheese or meat for your hex's. If you use chicken, turkey or tuna they're also speed foods too.

op, i know you're not with slimming world but have you tried getting hold of some hi-fi bars? I have these with my breakfast and omg it really does satisfy my chocolate craving aswell! and is a hex b choice!

Hiya,

I make sure I use my HEX's on their own or incorporate them into my meal e.g olive oil
With my syns, I do use them but sometimes I use 50 syns in a day and then nothing the day after etc. I enjoy my wine that's why! Lol xx

I wasn't using my syns at first, because i thought it was better to be virtuous, but i've found if i want to stick to this long term (tbh i want to stick to it forever more, this is just the way i always want to eat) then i need to have treats now and then.

i generally have about 6 syns a day normally, just in things like my actimel in the morning, some dressing on my salad, some sugar in my tea or the odd chocolate in the afternoon.

occaisonally (once a week normally) i have a bit more of a pig out! might have three glasses of wine (24 syns!!!) or i might go out for dinner and not mind that my steak is cooked in butter! that kind of thing.

i think it's important to incorporate life into this plan, and sometime life means chocolate or wine or sausage rolls or something!

I have both my HEX choices everyday and usually between 7-10 syns a day.
I like the luscious lemon and choc and orange hi-fi sw bars and occasionaly a bag o velvet crunch crisps.:)

Back