Do your consultants weigh you?

Xcaseyx

Hey,

When I was in ww my consultant would weigh me and during that time we would get to know each other and she would be able to advise me when I was struggling. I love sw and my consultant is lovely but the social team are the ones that weigh us, is this the same for everyone else?

Yes. This is standard for slimming world.

The consultant does the new member talk while the weigh in person weighs. Your weight is never divulged.

My consultant only weighs the rare time there's no new members

Even if the consultant weighed you, you wouldn't get advice at the scales - there is just no time. This is what image therapy is for. :)

Ahh ok just wondered if it happens at all groups. I don't mind as the social team are lovely, especially the woman who weighs us, shes inspirational as she's lost over 7 stone! I just don't really get to talk to my consultant enough but the rest of the group is so big and they are all lovely and give me tips all the time :)

You can contact your consultant out of group too Hun if you need advice.

The lady who weighs us at my group was actually my midwife with my little boy whose nearly 14 weeks now so it's quite cool to know her outside of the doctors :)

I help to run the corner shop at our group and I'm always giving people advice as they queue to pay and get weighed. So I say use your social team as well generally we do have some useful information to share and can help clear up some matters and confusion as well. I'm also quite good at getting our consultants attention if need be as well :)

Good luck and switching from WW can take some getting used to!

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have been on social team now for a couple of months and a lot especially the ones that do not stay for image therapy ask for advice.
I find many for some reason find it easier to ask social team than C because they do not want to show ignorance !! Although we advice that no question is too small or ever embarrassing to ask C

I am on the social team too and love talking and answering any questions that I can whilst weighing but last night there were that many people that we couldn't stop for a chat, it was literal one off and one on, felt a bit sad that we couldn't have our usual chats but at least there were lots of people getting the Slimming world help!
Image Therapy was very very long too, lots of lovely recipes and ideas though

Yes normally the social team are on scales, you tend to find they are usually really knowledgeable on all things slimming world

To be honest, I don't think that the person weighing members in should stop to chat to them beyond a few friendly words while their weight is processed. My heart sinks when it's one particular member of the social team doing the weighing because she talks so much that the queue builds really quickly, and people are impatient to get on the scales and see what the damage is. I have done Rosemary Conley and WW, and SW is the only diet club I've been to where the leader hasn't been involved with the weighing. As for the social team giving advice, I think it's quite tricky especially if they are giving out wrong information. I can understand them sharing tips etc but should leave the advice to the Consultant who knows the plan inside out.

To be honest, I don't think that the person weighing members in should stop to chat to them beyond a few friendly words while their weight is processed. My heart sinks when it's one particular member of the social team doing the weighing because she talks so much that the queue builds really quickly, and people are impatient to get on the scales and see what the damage is. I have done Rosemary Conley and WW, and SW is the only diet club I've been to where the leader hasn't been involved with the weighing. As for the social team giving advice, I think it's quite tricky especially if they are giving out wrong information. I can understand them sharing tips etc but should leave the advice to the Consultant who knows the plan inside out.

I agree. The social team are not there to give advice. Members should stay to IT for that. We don't have time to chat at the scales!!!!!
Not sure how the consultant could weigh in though??

When I attended a group the C never did weigh in, if there weren't any new members she would make her way round to speak to people and have a general chit chat. The people who did the weigh in were usually people who had got to target, I didn't like it at first... I didn't want a skinny person seeing how fat I was! But they were really friendly and they gave great hints and tips, they were supportive if I had a gain and it felt genuine as they had once been in the same position.

Yes my C has only ever weighed me once and that was the week before Xmas- we had no newbies and only about 7 people stayed for IT and the party so she was able to chat to everyone :)
The last 2 weeks have been pretty crazy with all the newbies

I always stay for image therapy and find it very helpful, although the last few weeks has been so busy with newbies that we haven't had much time to talk after everyone's weight loss has been announced. The social team are very friendly and give us advice on what they eat which is good but you don't get long to talk. I've text my consultant to find out my club 10 and She's been very supportive in helping me set goals

I wouldn't expect members chatting to the social team whilst they're being weighed and there's a cue for any length of time, but the girls that are on the scales at my group, are really knowledgeable, and you can chat to them when there isn't a cue, or later in the session like you would other member.

Back