DOCTOR ADVICE

chaadan

:confused: I saw my doctor yesterday and he says only do cd to lose a 2 or 3 stone then go back to slimming world,
just wondered what people thought.
i need to lose around 4- 4 1/2:cool: :help2:
i lost 12lbs in my first week with this and now on week 2.

A lot of doctors aren't to sure of this way of losing weight. Did he give you a specific reason for telling you to go back to slimming world? medical reason? or is it his personal opinion.

If it was a medical opinion - then do as he says, if it was a personal opinion, I don't feel he should be giving you that kind of advice, that's your own decision.

Best of luck!!

xx

Id echo that. If its a medical decision go with what has been said, but if not make your own decision. Do what is best for you.

My doctor is backing me all the way the only concerns she has raised is that I need to change my eating habits for life.

I would disagree with him unless of course he gave you a reason why medically you shouldn't do it for longer. God that's scarey isn't it disagreeing with a doctor!

I think Coley's right lots of doctors don't really know a lot about CD sole sourcing and maintenance steps. I think you should do CD to goal or for as long as it is working for you and then go through the maintenance steps.

SW or other diet group may help you to maintain and learn to eat sensibly after than but I would worry that if you successfully lost the 2 stone on CD and then went to SW it would be very difficult for you too lose and may put on.

In fact if you were planning to only lose 2 stone on CD it would probably be recommended to only Sole source for a week or to and then move up the steps.

I definitely think the doc is wrong. Stick to one diet for as long as it is working.

What a pain of him to say that as that starts to give you doubts. i know it would me. It may be a good idea to do some refresher reading up on Cambridge to reassure yourself that you have made the right choice.

Dizzy x

Back