Does anybody else dislike ketosis?

You could do a higher plan???

Love your username!

"Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
"

Hehe! Love that song! x

yeah, would agree with stblg, a higher plan would work.

Lol Gem, not so much of a little one though hahaha!

I really didn't want to do a higher plan, 810 you remain in ketosis (I think!) and I don't want to add all sorts of food as that is where I start to go wrong if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway girls and taking the time to reply.

It seems I shall be doomed to enter ketosis after all then..........dammit!! lol

I dont think skimmed milk would kick out out as i have skimmed milk on SS+ and im deffo in ketosis as im never ever hungry

Its carbs that take out out.

Good luck

You could try using water flavouring in all your water like I did-that soon kicked me out of ketosis!!! x

Laura Croft, oh the losses are far more important!! otherwise I would be doing WW or SW or something!! I was just wondering if I would still have good losses if I didn't go into ketosis.
I don't actually want carbs (believe me an apple would be my last choice of carbs given the option lol) more trying to avoid ketosis. (although it seems that I won't be able to after all)

Mrs Essex - oh yes, I forgot about that, lol having a bit of a daft moment there!

Thanks girls.

I suppose I had better get used to the idea now then..............sure the results on the scales will make up for it!

ETA Gem that is a great idea!! you are a genius!!! :D

Thanks Laura Croft, So I should still have great losses even if I'm over using the water flavourings?

Well I guess I will find out next week regardless.

Thanks again everyone for your advice :)

If only I had a crystal ball ;) When you come out of ketosis, you'll be putting some of your glycogen weight back on. I doubt you'd put it all back on as the drink isn't that high in carbs.

As you've said, it's really better if you just stick with the program and don't try to modify it. You'll have plenty of time to battle the hungry gremlins as you move up the steps.

I dont think skimmed milk would kick out out as i have skimmed milk on SS+ and im deffo in ketosis as im never ever hungry

Its carbs that take out out.

Good luck

A fair few carbs in skimmed milk ;)

As far as ketosis goes, yep you would still get good losses. You might find it very difficult to keep though. Fighting hunger is okay to a certain extent, but it could be constant. Also ketosis really does help the cravings. Makes people feel they are invinsible mind you, but it's invaluable whilst doing a diet with so few calories.

Besides...an apple might not bring you out of ketosis anyway..much depends.

I do understand not enjoying the more negative side of ketosis though. Must admit I didn't like it either for other reasons...but I don't think I could have stuck to the diet without it. Soldiered on until the diet was over and now refuse to let myself go back in :D

If it's just the taste in your mouth, use breath spray, or put some mouth wash into a little sprayer to use. Chewing gum? Though not really recommended as it can cause hunger, that doesn't appear to be your 'fear'.

Enough water really helps too, or rubbing a bit of toothpaste around your mouth if you don't want to keep brushing.

would also add, that the losses on 810 are only about 2lbs a month less than doing SS/SS+....and you can often find yourself not in ketosis on that as well....all depends on how carb sensitive you are hun!

I have the fury mouth thing....i get a breath spray and carry toothbrush and paste EVERYWHERE...at the start i even carried a mini bottle of mouth wash everywhere...becuase to be fair, losing weight is far too important to me than whether my breath smells! lol....that will go when i come off the diet, but the side effects of being overweight are a lot worse...
Hope that helps hun, but if in doubt, speak to your CDC about other plans etc

xx

Could you do 810. My friend does this plan and she doesn't go into ketosis, and has amazing losses, as good if not better than mine on SS (very annoying).

Laura Croft, I'm not actually in ketosis yet as I only started today, but I remember it well from the last time I did CD, I will see how it feels once I get into it again before I decide how much I hate it, but I would say you are right and I need to just get on with it and stop fussing!

Thanks KD, I will try all of those before I consider the non ketosis thing! You are right, it is invaluable after all.

Well it should be happening in a few days time then...................I shall have the toothpaste and gum and water all at the ready! and sure, if I have to brush my teeth ten times a day then so be it (might actually ensure fewer trips to the dentist too, and now I think about it, I hate the dentist a million times more than I dislike ketosis :eek: lol

ETA Thanks Lizz and Chlo, I might consider 810 if ketosis really is a nightmare!

Back