Does anybody have Dietpepsi/coke or coke/drpepper ZERO? On SS?

SophieLily

Does anybody have diet cok or pepsi or cokezero or drpepper zero on ss??

Also does anybody have tea/coffe with a drop of milk & no sugar???

Id like to know if it makes any diffrence to any of you regarding ketosis?? & weigh ins?

:)

Diet pepsi and diet coke have citric acid so they can knock you out of ketosis

Coke Zero/Dr Pepper Zero and some of the super market own brands of diet cola are fine as they have malic acid not citric

I haven't dared.

I kinda have the attitude now that they tell me what to eat and drink at the beginning and that is what I intend to do.

I know the some people drink Coke Zero but I would definitely say no to the diet coke / diet pepsi as I think they have citrus in them.

I have just cut out Milk from my hot drinks and MADE myself enjoy them!!

Thanks ladies!!
Yea when i did the cambridge last time i had diet pepsi & it made me hungry then id go & cheat because i had cravings.

I was told you can have coke zero etc but one glass a day as it can make you bloated

I have a teenie weenie splash of skimmed milk in my tea/coffee and it hadn't affected my losses or ketosis. It helps me stick to the plan and my CDC is fine with this. If it helps me do this diet then it's what I'm gonna do. :) nearing 14 weeks now and I've had nothing off plan and it's my tea/coffee that's got me through the hungry evenings. :)

i have a splash of milk in my coffee now i'm suppose to be on ss+ but often have a 810 day.
i have a sweetner in my coffee to i can drink it black but it just helps my sweet tooth

I was a hardline on my first 30 week run and people around me were drinking flavoured waters with malic acid and skinny lattes (I hate milk so I never really bothered with that anyway) I never even had Marigold bullion - I spent a fortune on the official Lighterlife sachets (and I used to have the full allowance of that and water flavourings every day without fail - I was spending an extra 15 quid a week on thin air, practically!) Doing it hardline worked for me first time round and I would recommend doing it that way for anyone who likes playing by the rules or has a tendency to bend the rules as it keeps you in check.
Now - I don't like telling people they can bend the rules precisely because of that first time round I had, but I have two failed restarts under my belt so I wanted to get through this (The first 8 weeks are always the toughest for me) So - this being my 3rd restart in as many years and the beginning gets tougher every time...so yes - after about day 5 once I was well and truly 'doing it' I had Coke Zero (I know for a fact I am pretty hard to shake out of ketosis) and it helped me keep my mind on the game. Since I passed week 10 though, I forget I even have it in the fridge some days, I don't have water flavourings, I think I've had about 5 cups of bullion in the entire 90 days I've been back on plan...and next Thurs we'll see how close to my first time 100 day weight loss I am - anything around 4st would imply that Coke zero has had no effect on my losses.

I would say, try doing it by the book. If it gets tough, keep trying it by the book. You may surprise yourself.

The other other reason? The water flavourings give me a runaway bum. They are why I had to come off it last time. This time round I have not had one spoonful and have had a normal (for CD at anyrate) properly functioning bottom.

But you want my honest opinion? Those optional extras are there to up the profit margins and I couldn't really afford them back then and I can't afford them now, so I figure a couple of quid a week on Coke Zero and a tub of Marigold Bullion versus having to come off CD because I've blown my monthly food budget...well - there's no contest, is there?

I was a hardline on my first 30 week run and people around me were drinking flavoured waters with malic acid and skinny lattes (I hate milk so I never really bothered with that anyway) I never even had Marigold bullion - I spent a fortune on the official Lighterlife sachets (and I used to have the full allowance of that and water flavourings every day without fail - I was spending an extra 15 quid a week on thin air, practically!) Doing it hardline worked for me first time round and I would recommend doing it that way for anyone who likes playing by the rules or has a tendency to bend the rules as it keeps you in check.
Now - I don't like telling people they can bend the rules precisely because of that first time round I had, but I have two failed restarts under my belt so I wanted to get through this (The first 8 weeks are always the toughest for me) So - this being my 3rd restart in as many years and the beginning gets tougher every time...so yes - after about day 5 once I was well and truly 'doing it' I had Coke Zero (I know for a fact I am pretty hard to shake out of ketosis) and it helped me keep my mind on the game. Since I passed week 10 though, I forget I even have it in the fridge some days, I don't have water flavourings, I think I've had about 5 cups of bullion in the entire 90 days I've been back on plan...and next Thurs we'll see how close to my first time 100 day weight loss I am - anything around 4st would imply that Coke zero has had no effect on my losses.

I would say, try doing it by the book. If it gets tough, keep trying it by the book. You may surprise yourself.

The other other reason? The water flavourings give me a runaway bum. They are why I had to come off it last time. This time round I have not had one spoonful and have had a normal (for CD at anyrate) properly functioning bottom.

But you want my honest opinion? Those optional extras are there to up the profit margins and I couldn't really afford them back then and I can't afford them now, so I figure a couple of quid a week on Coke Zero and a tub of Marigold Bullion versus having to come off CD because I've blown my monthly food budget...well - there's no contest, is there?

Thankyou soooo much, im guna try & not have any coke zero until my 2nd week & thats only if i really fancy one. Im doing ok on water & tea/coffee with milk no sugar!

:)

well done btw xx

I only have Coke Zero when i have a soup - it's a habt of mine to drink something sweet when i eat savoury.... hmmm maybe that's a habit i really should try to break :rolleyes: lol.

Can someone tell me what the bullion tastes like please? I am not too keen on the soups (only Oriental Chilli) so an additional savoury flavour would be nice.

Thanks

xxx

Just be careful with the coke zero because I never believed it could make you hungry - I had one small glass - smaller than a can of Coke and it made me so, so hungry the next day that I thought I was dying!! It took me about three days to get back on an even keel. I think it definitely knocked me out of ketosis as I stopped feeling cold. It could have been nothing else as I'd stuck to the diet 100% other than the glass of Coke, and I didn't even realise what was behind it until Lily pointed out that it out. I'd not even mentioned that I'd had Coke Zero when I posted my question about the god awful hunger I was experiencing and she asked me if I'd had any. It was only then that I realised what was behind it. I'm not touching anymore! To be honest I didn't really enjoy it anyway - tasted really weird!

As for skimmed milk, now I'm doing SS+ I have a drop of skimmed milk in a cup of tea or two a day. Not affected my weight loss. I also have chicken, unweighed, and have been losing brilliantly, so I wouldn't worry too much if you want some skimmed milk.

i dont have any fizzy drinks but i do drink tea, im a proper tea addict and i couldnt cope on this diet with none, but i do limit myself to no more than 5 cups a day with just a dash of skimmed milk in it (no sugar or sweetner) it hasnt affected my weight loss atall and it does make the diet alot easier to cope with :D

I have had coke zero last 4 weeks 3-4 cans a week I have it as a reward if I drink all my water it is nice to have another taste instead of water. However I have bought peppermint tea to try today.

Back