Does anyone DEEP FAT FRY??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Geetwo, 16 August 2013 Social URL.

1. Geetwo

Geetwo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.4lb(3.28%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hey all hope your doing well and being strong ? :)

I am watching this guy on YouTube cook chicken with Parmajaun (can't spell it) cheese and egg deep fat fry and lost 200 pounds! Anyone use one ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. donnaminty

donnaminty Member

Yes, I use mine for fries, courgette or celariac. Also made fried chicken, but used a shallower pan rather than full immersion. I know Atkins book advises to avoid deep fry, but I've had no problems thus far.

4. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    You can, but I don't, but that is mainly because I am obsessive and wouldn't know how many calories it added.

Another reason is that the oil used to deep fry is usually vegetable or sunflower oil which provides omega 6 and the western diet is woefully deficient in omega 3 fats and overloaded with omega 6.

If you try it, please let us know how it goes. Would be a useful option. I'm trying to adapt several recipes not to deep fry but i'm yet to attempt any of them.

5. Geetwo

Geetwo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.4lb(3.28%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Ok cool I'm gonna get down a stone and then give it a go just incase it stalls me, I don't think I'd use it all the time maybe 1/2 a week and think the key would be in the oil or with the fryer itself!
    Ill keep you posted :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.