Does anyone do SW without a class?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Muffindoll, 20 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, This is my first post on here.
    I'm starting SW on Monday but can't really afford to join a class at the moment.
    Has anyone on here been successful just going it alone?
    I have all the latest books so at least I'm up to date with it.
    I lost over 4 stones many years ago with SW but my more recent attempts have been not so good. Just don't seem to have the motivation like I did back then, I'm hoping coming on here will help with that though.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with your weight loss.

I am doing it alone without a class and I have lost almost a stone in 4 weeks.

But, I have to say that this forum and the help and encouragement that I have had from the people on here have helped me enormously, everyone is so friendly and ready to help and advise.

So finding this forum with be a big boost for you, good luck with your SW journey.

4. Metermaid

Metermaid Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.56%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi, I've lost 3 stone on my own - well, I went to the first meeting and got my pack etc, then went just for weigh in for next 11 sessions but didn't stay to class and since then (started last Dec) I've been going it alone.

I think you will find the general concensus here is that going to class is important but everyone is different and I've had no problem sticking with it on my own. Of course whether the weight stays off or not has yet to be seen!

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck :)

5. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi, welcome and good luck on your SW journey. :) I'm going it alone too. This place has been really useful for extra support and information.

6. debbywebby1970

debbywebby1970 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im going it alone too.... this forum is like a class for me in fact when I went to SW last year the consultant was so bad it wasnt even funny... the peeps on here are 100 times no make that a million times better than she was. I love it here and couldnt live without it.

7. Loops25

Loops25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.25%)
    I am alone too, but my mom goes to class so i get the password :) xx

8. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I go alone too hun and have done since Jan last year and have lost to date 5 n half stone :)

Its hard but if you want it bad enough you will achieve it

Good Luck and This iccle lot are FAB! X

9. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, Thanks everyone, My first impressions of this site were right then. I love it here, I think it really might be exactly what I've been looking for!
    For the last couple of years I have been switching from WW to SW every few weeks, and for some reason I just haven't been able to stick with anything. I always join thinking at least that may make me stick to it, but even that doesn't seem to help anymore.
    I'm gonna give it a go on my own, you all seem to be doing so well with it.
    Thanks again and good luck with the rest of your own journeys. x

10. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i did try it alone but didnt have the willpower to stick to it when partner fancied a take away so now i have cos i say ohhhhhh i got weigh in on tues i cant lol. my sister and mother in law got vochures from there doctor so they dont pay your bmi has to be over 30 and my sister went to nurse and said she was worried about her weight would love to join a weight group but cant afford it and she was given 12 weeks worth of vochures so she doesnt pay anything and she has just got her second lot of vochures, not all doctors do it but might be worth it no harm in trying. good luck and you have all the help here.

11. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(20.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i am doing it alone with help from this website too the people are great for answering any Qs u have. tho having to always ask syns values is a bit annoying, i should try and buy a syns directory!

X

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  13. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Im going it alone too, and I enjoy reading all the post on here every day, so its like going to class every day. Always someone to chat to or ask advice its the best thing ever, next to chocolate that is...lol

14. Lady Mhoram

Lady Mhoram Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going it alone. I have a note book to write down tips and useful syn values that I find on this forum, which really helps me. Good luck!

15. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All I shall say is this;

Natt xxx

16. Bex_2601

Bex_2601 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    Atkins turned slimming world
    I'm going it alone too. was on brink of giving up last week, then found this site, really i would say better tan group, as i always struggled with what to make and stuff whereas now, it's at my fingertips. At work and fancy a snack, no excuse for not knowing the syn value! Although have put a little bit on as had a meal out on friday for first time in a while, and i decided to try to be better than usual, and enjoy it. Oh well just have to lose it all again. Haven't even synned it. Hehe naughty i know.

17. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't go to a class but I am certainly not alone cos there is everyone here on this site for fantastic support when you need it, not just once a week but 24/7. So long as you have the determination and will power to achieve your goal, then you should be fine with us. We will all help you in anyway you need. Have a great Sunday xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree everyone here is fabulous!

20. Roz V

Roz V Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Even though I go to class - and always stay- I don't think I could manage without all the help and ideas I get from here! With no forum, I find the SW site a bit boring, and feel sure that you will succeed with all the encouragement and information that is available here - you just have to be brave enough to ask!

Just like Lady Mhoram, I always keep a notebook on the go to write down tips and ideas for things to do and try - was just sorry I forgot to take it with me to the Supermarket last night!

Good Luck!

Last edited: 24 June 2009
  21. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm thinking of going back just for that extra motivation I need after about 6-8 weeks...Then again I haven't been on this forum before!

22. kelly_333_333

kelly_333_333 Kelly Manton

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(24.07%)
    I'm also doing it alone and don't have any of the books, I've also never tried the plan before. So far I've found enough information to go it alone and the enthusiasm of everyone here is very much catching! As good or if not better than the groups!

Good luck, stay in contact with us all and I am sure you will do really well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.