Does anyone eat Quinoa?

BonnieBooBear

Lordy I have just seen that Quinoa is 19 1/2 syns on original days! But free on EE. I am a bit troubled by this -how can something be so naughty but then so not naughty!?

Does anyone eat Quinoa on the SW plan? It is so good for you, I wanted to experiment with it in a porridge and also in salads, but not if I am inadvertantly eating something really hefty in calories?

I eat it on GREEN days - it is nice - sweeter than rice. I bought a Red and White mixed one with Bulgar Wheat from Waitrose.
There is a picture of it on page 17 of my Diary -

I only do green days its free on that and very nice. The syns on the red day don't make it a bad food just the wrong combination for that day.

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better about it. Will try quinoa porridge (it's all these wet cold summer days!) with some ff creme fraiche and sweetner for porridge tomorrow then...so much better than oats, I used to eat it all the time.

Also thinking I might try it in a risotto...and some roasted veg instead of couscous. I gather that even though it is a grain it is also packed with protein, so good for veggies. Will check out the recipies and photos above, thanks.

Bulgar wheat porridge is really tasty too!!

I think I might have me some in the morning instead of yoghurt!!!

Back