Does anyone else get this?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Every now and then, i get this.. but it has been more so these past 2 weeks.

I go to make my food, and i think i want it.. but before it's even done, i feel all blah and i don't want it, that bit of appetite i had goes and i don't fancy it at all.. and im never 'hungry' atm. even though im not eating half as much as i usually do, just because i dont want it.. and if i eat it anyways, i just get this feeling in my throat.. all yucky and i feel sick.

Its putting me off my food and obs OH is getting a bit annoyed, friday night everyone had dominoes round mine, i chose to make a synfree steak stirfry and and some uncle bens mexican rice, i sat down.. took one bite of my stirfry, and really did not want it. so it sat in the pan and its been in the fridge since.. i feel awful for not eating it, dont have the heart to chuck it after all the money i spent, even though its not really worth eating now.. i munched on some rice, didnt even touch any pizza (at first i thought it was because i wanted the pizza, but i really didnt) and ended up in bed feeling sick..

:confused: i really don't have a clue..

am i making any sence?

i get that alot and also found if i have one full meal a day i really cant manage another. i just tried to have more fruit so that i was eating something. my OH often gets annoyed with me as he will make a full meal and i eat hardly anything, and like you i put it in the fridge or microwave, tell him ill eat it later and never actually do x

i get that alot and also found if i have one full meal a day i really cant manage another. i just tried to have more fruit so that i was eating something. my OH often gets annoyed with me as he will make a full meal and i eat hardly anything, and like you i put it in the fridge or microwave, tell him ill eat it later and never actually do x

I do this too and my OH gets very miffed because I never do eat the left-overs... my freezer is full of them!!

I know you've been doing SW now for a while Fern, so like me your appetite is very different to how it used to be, our bodies are still adjusting to the huge change we've put it through... and we are satisfied by different things now... sometimes I have days where I cant eat much either... and I don't think there's anything 'wrong' in that, mother nature is a mystery at times!

I can only manage one cooked meal a day which is my evening meal, and I really enjoy it, I have never been able to eat more than a snack at lunchtime - I do have a cooked brekkie at the weekend, but we always have our main meal in the evening on the weekends as well so I can manage that, but as yet I haven't not felt like eating my meal whether it be a light lunch or a good evening meal.

yeah i get this too, sometimes i just sort of dont fancy anything much. pre SW this would be the toast gap where i dont fancy a meal, just some toast. theres also often a little more effort in getting a sw meal together than bunging in toast, so smetimes i just lose momentum and cant be bothered. this would be the one thing i really miss, white toast with butter.

i was very much a toast girl... or crisp butty! bad i know. i would have toast mid morning, then a dinner if i was at work then a crisp butty or more toast at tea time follwed by more crisps and biscuits yet i couldnt find the room for a full meal... really not good x

My oh gets it all the time. He thinks its because being a chef and cooking all day then been faced with a meal at the end you just loose the desire for it. So maybe its a mind thing, your preparing it and your appetite switches off while you concentrate on making it.

Last edited:
I get this, more so if I been shopping for the food and spent several hours preparing it like a Sunday dinner, just cann't face it when its on the table. Think I just reach the point of being sick of the sight of food. It's worse when you really fancy something and cook it and then the desire to eat has just left the building. I'm sure it will pass, try having just light meals for a few days and see what happens. You could also just be a bit under the weather Fern, and out of sorts with all the stress of late. Hugs. xx

Maybe that is how this "diet" works! Allowing us to eat so much, that we actually get fed of eating......

Lol but seriously. I am the same. By the time my food is on the table,my hunger has disappeared. Unusual for a foodie like me.

Haha, i can assure you there is no pregnancy over this way.. eating for two on many occasions though yes! haha

I hope it'l pass. i like to eat lots :( lol x

When I have days like this, I find it is because I've spent so much time THINKING about what to have, what I have to do for it to be ready and imagining how I'm going to cook it. I feel like I've had it 5 times over by the time it's ready. Then, I don't want it.

Try making smaller, easier, quicker ready meals. Maybe OH could cook one night. Sometimes it just gets better by having someone else decide what to have. I think that because we are doing SW and always find ourselves thinking about food (or is that just me?), we sometimes get 'food overload'. Not that we have eaten too much, just that we would like some time NOT to be thinking about food.

HTH you. If not, I think it has just helped me!!

Back