Does anyone else.........

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Bimbie Finn, 22 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Bimbie Finn

Bimbie Finn Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Label up their food. I was thinking of putting the syns value on my food before putting it away so hopefully it will help me keep an eye on things or do you think this is going over the top. I do so well then i go totally to pot :eek: i havent got the internet at home only at work.

Thanks
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jamieM

jamieM Member

Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it is a pretty good idea, it leaves no chance of making up a syn value in your head when you are hungry and really want something quick.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes I used to do this but now I pretty much know the values of everything in my cupboard as I have been doing it for so long

It is a great idea for newbies

5. skipalong

skipalong Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd never thought of that, but it's actually a very good idea! It's so easy to forget how many syns are in things... especially when you're hungry.

6. buzzybritches

buzzybritches Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think that is a good idea, i was considering doing it on the sauces/mayonnaise to remind me to count each time i dip in! My little thing is i weigh out lots of portions of cereal when i buy a new box and put them in seperate bags in the big box, it stops me 'guessing' and going over!

Bee x

7. ally7997

ally7997 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yeah I do it will my pasta n sauces and ainsley risotto or rices that sort of thing it's a good idea! X

8. Bimbie Finn

Bimbie Finn Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies, i was talking to some of my family members over the weekend and one of them said they thought i was taking things to far by labelling things up and said i'd got to much time on my hands ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Its not that i have to much time on my hands i work full time and am busy most weekends so i thought by doing this it will stop me just picking something up, eating it and realising sometimes like i have done this weekend having a shock at Heinz Curry Beans thought they wont be to many syns on a red day then found out they was 10 syns for the tin out top of my other syns, wasnt happy!!

Sorry for the rant
    xx

9. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it is an excellent idea, particularly for people just starting out. There isn't always time to stop what you are doing and look up a syn value while you are actually preparing a meal, so it makes sense to set aside a little time to check them when you are less busy and to make a note or a label.

That is not "having too much time on your hands", that is "intelligent time management"!

10. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Don't worry about what people think, if you think it will help you - just do it! I used to label things all the time and found it really helpful as it does save time in the long run. Definitely a time management solution!

11. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I keep a sheet on the fridge of my favourite syns and a large selection of sauces (mayo, ketchup and mustards etc) and some of my favourite foods. If you use a lot of different sauces its a good idea as you can easily forget how many syns for diff portions of diff sauces. if ya know what i mean lol

12. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Ooh I like the idea of a list on the fridge - I may be working on that this afternoon!

13. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of foods & chocolate which has the syn values on. I find this really helpful as sometimes it will be weeks or months before I eat the same thing again.

14. gonnabesmall

gonnabesmall is doin this

Diet:
    slimming world

do you know you can do your own curry beans.i usually have a tin of beans add curry powder and some sweetner mix it all in and they are yummy and syn free on ee and green,i suppose on red you would either have to b choice them or syn,but this way they would be less

as for labelling things i always write on jars /packets with a marker pen.so much easier than rooting throuh my book all the time x

15. *Pogle*

*Pogle* Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't tried labelling the food in my cupboards or fridge etc., but because I batch cook meals, and bung them in the freezer regularly, I do label them with Syn values, and whether or not they're free, for each of the different plans etc.
    I'd be labelling the tub with whatever is in there, and the date it was made anyway, so its not exactly extra effort to add the syns/plan details, and helps me to make sure I don't forget that I added something different to that casserole this time that stops it being free on red, but would be fine on green, or whatever. I guess if I were doing EE that part of it wouldn't make much difference though.

16. Dizzi-G

Dizzi-G Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Oh what a good idea, I think I'll do this when I've joined class on Thursday - am also liking the list on the fridge idea!! x

17. jigglymum

jigglymum Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0.5lb(24.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i do this, i sort of know most of it by now but i find a little red or green number in the corner helps more for my bf and kids. "thats mummy's" not to be mean but there is a tonne of stuff they can eat so keeps their fingers off my muller choc sprinkles :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.