Does anyone have a recipe for syn free or low syn dumplings?

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
I am planning on making a huge pan of broth at the weekend, full of of pulses, bacon (fat trimmed) and loads and loads of superfree veg. My mam always served this broth with huge, crispy-on-the-outside-fluffy-on-the-inside dumplings, which I am guessing would be pretty high in syn value.

I am wondering, does anyone have an alternative recipe for dumplings, which is either syn free or low syn?

Thanks in advance xx

Couscous Dumplings!

I thought these sounded terrible but I've made them 3 times in the last month I liked them so much!

Hope you enjoy

Couscous Dumplings (free on Green) Donnie46's recipe

Take 1 cup of couscous and place in a bowl. Cover with a boiling hot stock of your choice depending on what you are eating them with chicken/beef/veg made with Bovril or a stock cube.

Leave to stand until all liquid is absorbed. Add 2-3 eggs beaten, place spoonfuls or use an ice cream scoop onto a plate sprayed with frylight and microwave for 7-10 mins until firm.

Place dumplings on top of stew/casserole for the last 15-20 mins of cooking so they absorb the flavour of the casserole

:):):)

Thank you so much, Monkey! Will definitely be giving these a try :drool: xx

OMG My husband loves dumplings I will defo be trying these THANKS SO MUCH xxx

Hope you like them! Lots of my family live in Newton Aycliffe - small world! x

Wow, small World indeed! Most people don't even know where Newton Aycliffe is lol xx

We had a beef stew with these on Friday night. I was really nervous as I really want my husband to enjoy the food and not feel like I am making him diet too. WE LOVED THEM! they are amazing and completley free of syns - i cant belive it, defo be doing these again.

Ooh, was looking for a substitute myself, fancying mince and dumplings. Will buy some cous cous tomorrow to try.
I live near Newton Aycliffe too, Shildon.

I ended up making my 'dumplings' from Smash. I just made a little bit of the mixture up with added herbs and cheese (HExB), rolled into a little ball and baked in the oven until golden brown, then popped on top of my broth..lovely :drool:

Had the couscous dumplings tonight, and they were lush - really stodgy, tasty and filling. Will def cook them again.

I am so gonna make these. Ill do my broth in the slow cooker then it will be ready on getting in from work on a cold night, make the dumplings and put em on top of the broth for last 20mins - my mouth is watering already

Back