Does anyone have a SW friendly Lasagne recipe please?

JestersTear

Silver Member
Before I joined SW, I used to make a lasagne using normal pasta sheets and jars of tomato and white sauce.
Since joining in June '08, I've never made it since as the syns would be immense.
Does anyone have a nice, SW, version I can try?
I do a lot of extra easy days, if that helps?

Hi Jes,
This vegetable lasagne recipe is on the SW website - it is 1 syn on green or extra easy
113g/4oz button mushrooms, quartered
2 large onions, chopped
142ml/¼pt passata
salt & ground black pepper
113g/4oz courgettes, sliced
113g/4oz aubergines, sliced
½ red pepper, deseeded & sliced
½ yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
113g/4oz whole baby sweetcorn
2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
½ tsp artificial sweetener
12 dried lasagne sheets
511g/1lb 2oz very low fat natural fromage frais
28g/1oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas Mark 5. Dry fry the mushrooms and one of the onions in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the passata and season to taste. Stir in the courgettes, aunergines, peppers and sweetcorn and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a second saucepan place the remaining onion, tomatoes and sweetener and season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon 4-5 tablespoons of the tomato mixture into a lasagne dish. Add 3 sheets of lasagne and then a layer of the vegetables. Continue layering this way finally pouring the fromage frais on top, Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a huge mixed salad

Hope it works ok for you
Julie19

Thanks hon - sounds tasty!

I wonder if there's a version that includes meat?

I'm hopeless at changing recipes into SW ones *lol*

How might one make the white sauce?

Jes,
If you go to group buy the Saucy secrets book - the Bechamel Sauce receipe in there is only 3 syns on green & original:

2 level tablespoon of cornflour
1/2 pint skimmed milk
5 ounces very low fat fromage frais
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt & pepper

Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk, pour the remaining milk in the pan bring to the boil and then add the cornflour mixture, stir continously for 1 to 2 mins until think.
Remove from the heat & gradually add the framge frais & mustard. Make sure you don't boil it otherwise the fromage frais will curdle.

Bolognese recipe is:
Onions
Garlic
454g lean minced beef
tin chopped toms
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
fresh Italian herbs
1 pint stock made with beef bovril
1/2 teaspoon artificial sweetener

Brown the minced beef, onions & garlic, add everything else & cook through.
The pasta sheets will be free on a green day & you could use quorn mince which would make the whole lasagne only 3 syns - use your 42 grams Mozzarella as the cheese on top.

Julie19

I make an asparagus lasagne.
I layer up asparagus and lasagne sheets with a basic tomato sauce which has lots of grated carrot cooked into it. I top with SW bechamel and HEX mozzerella and bake until crispy on the top

I use Morrison's instant cheese sauce (from a sachet - you mix with water) and it's only 5 syns for the pouch which, divided by 4 or 6, is not a lot at all and worth the syns, in my opinion!

I make mine this way

1 onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
500g minced beef
1 carton passata - I use the lidl one
italian herbs - about 1/2 tsp
1/2 tsp sweetner
seasoning

I spray pan with fry light and add mince, onion and garlic, brown off and drain any excess fat, add pasatta, herbs, sweetner and seasoning. Cook for 20-30 mins.

For the sauce

2 eggs
1 tub of vlf cottage cheese not sure of size I use aldi.
a pinch of italian herbs
seasoning

blend all of those in a jug, I sometimes syn a bit of cheese to put in, but you don't need much.

Place a wee drop sauce in the bottom of your dish, cover with lasange sheets, 1/3 white sauce, 1/2 the remaining meat sauce, lasange again, 1/3 white sauce, remaining meat sauce, top with white sauce and sprinkle with an A or B allowance of finely grated cheese.
I like to make mine in the morning and leave it sitting all day before I cook it. Gas 5 for around 40 minutes, or whatever you would normally cook one for.
It is delicious and really easy to make.

Get dried soya mince, free, and add veg, herbs and tasters etc. It soaks up the flavours you put with it. Try it, it tastes better than it sounds. Better than quorn mince too!

To make this only 3 syns, am I right in thinking that the milk is a HEXA?

I have saved my A today and am about to go off and make this now.

i might make this tonight, anyone got any other lasange recipes to add?!

I make a really simple one!
Pasta Sheets
Mushrooms
Dolmio Light - 8.5syns for jar
Cheese sauce mix from morrisons 4 Syns
Extra LEan mince
Mixhed herbs
Cheese

I just cook the mince and bol sauce together
add mushrooms
Mix cheese sauce
Layers pasta sheets then cheese sauce then bol mixture twice then 1 more sheet of pasta loads of cheese sauce on top cook in oven about 10 mins then put rest of cheese sauce on top with cheese and cook in oven til top goes crispy!!! its simple and the nicest lasagne i have ever ever ever tasted!!!! 12 syns the lot, so 3 each if divided by 4 x

I was just browsing this old thread and came across the wesbite that circes recommended www.slimmingeats.com Some of the receipes are fab but I am a little confused how the syns work, as it states above the recipes what the syns are on days such as Extra Easy days (which I use) then it also states beside certain ingredients that there are syns in them, may up to 10. What way does this actually work then ? xx

Hi i make one for extra easy the only syns in it is the sprinkling of cheeses on top so i use it as hex a.
You simmer the mince in passata a tine of chopped toms with herbs ( add any herbs you like to!) Then the cheese sauce is just eggs mixed with fat free natural yoghurt with a sprinkling of cheese on top. It soooo nice n doesnt go all gloopy like normal lasagne i got the recepy of here but will look it up if you want for the egg to yoghurt ratio

Im out n about will look when am home if you have quark its lovely mixed with a couple of eggs then mixed with cooked pasta then add bacon n mush for cabanara then sprinkle with parmasam its realy nice! Dnt know how it would be for lasagne

Back