Top tips for new SW dieter to motivate please

Jules s

Hi everyone
Brand new to all this so please be patient........ just joined slimming world and I am hoping to loose a stone and half before June. I did this diet about 7 years ago when I was only about a half a stone overweight and found it so easy, however 6 years of stuffing chocolate and cake means I realistically want to loose 2.5 stone this time. I have waited until after Christmas but now I am determined and motivated and ready to go!!! Does anyone have a few top tips for a new SW member for me to keep dropping back to?

Main things I'd say are write very thing down so you keep track of syns etc and be organised, maybe take an hour each week to plan your main meals for the week. Good luck!

I agree with writing everything down. I bought a new diary to track everything I eat. Deffinately makes me double check the syns! Plus its a bit of motivation!! ☺ you can do it, good luck!

Attachments

• 20161231_181220-02.jpeg
    20161231_181220-02.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20170103-WA0021-01.jpeg
    IMG-20170103-WA0021-01.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Welcome in! :) Another vote here for writing down everything you eat . . . every single little thing. Also, don't fall into the trap that a lot of people do after the first couple of weeks and that's "guestimating" HeBs, HeAs and syns. Keep weighing/measuring everything. :)

Agree with everything that has been said about recording weight!

Also, my only SW regret is not taking measurements/pictures before hand.

The only other piece of advice I have is just to try your best and what you put it is what you will get out. The plan works if you stick with it - there are no secrets or hidden shortcuts, just trust the plan and commit to it and you will loose. There are definitely weeks where you will feel hard done by, hopefully those don't come along too early as they can affect your confidence and frustrate you. Just try and think of the bigger picture in those moments. I used to get annoyed at 0.5lb losses and even 1lb losses but they all count and all contribute towards your goal. You will also get weeks where you expect a not so good loss or even a gain and get lucky. I honestly believe it all evens itself out, so just try and stick with it.

And don't be afraid to use your syns! They are there to use!

Good luck! :D

Back