Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does anyone have goal clothes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Raven1066, 10 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Raven1066

Raven1066 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.2lb(20.23%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi all I am on my third week of slimming world (newbie) and wondered if anyone has any 'goal clothes'? I was thinking of buying a dress in the size I aim to be but a bit worried it might be disheartening.

Has anyone done this?

xx:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I haven't because my goal size is what i was before 3 children so I don't want to get something which wouldnt fit my new shape because what ever weight i get to inevitably i will be a different shape

4. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    oh to add... i dont have anything yet but i know things i will be getting

Ive picked out 3 made to order steelboned corsets and I have 2 dresses to shrinnk into though not goal size (ones a 14 and ones a 12)

5. beckyblue

beckyblue Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11.5lb(20.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I haven't bought the item of clothing that I want to get in to, but its my best freinds wedding next year and she has already lost 9 stone (although she's starving herself, and not doing it proper) but I have a picture of the type of dress I want to get for her do. Its a really posh wedding and I want an expensive posh frock to go in! X

6. Raven1066

Raven1066 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.2lb(20.23%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oooh I like corsets got a few that I want to get into again :)

7. Monkey_Monkey_Underpants

Monkey_Monkey_Underpants Well, hello...

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.5lb(24.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (again)
    I did have some "goal clothes".

I didn't go out and buy something too small - and I don't recommend it, either, because your shape might well change, and something that you think will fit might not - but I had a gorgeous pair of purple jeans that I'd saved from when I used to fit in them.

I loved those jeans.
    So they were a really good goal to aim for.

But then I slimmed past them and had to give them away!

I did have another goal though: there was a brand of clothes (Desigual) that I absolutely loved, but couldn't wear, because they don't do big sizes, and they come up really small anyway.
    So, although I didn't go out and buy anything from them, I kept going into the shop, and reminding myself how gorgeous their stuff was, and promising myself something as soon as I was at target.
    Which I just bought, last week!

So I'd say, if you haven't got anything of your own in your goal size - don't buy, but look, and make a promise to yourself to buy when it fits. That's good motivation.

8. Katie68

Katie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(20.27%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    3 yrs ago when I first started on my journey I saw some jeans in next for a fiver a size 16 they aren't goal clothes but well on the way to goal clothes I'd say another 28lb and ill be in them hopefully.

I wouldn't suggest people spend a fortune on a small size because as someone said your shape may well change x

9. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    I dont have goal clothes, but I love the idea.
    The only reason I dont have them, is because I dont have a 'goal'. Well I do, but it's kinda 'I'll know I'm there when I get there' kinda thing. I just want to look, and more importantly feel good about myself. As I have never been slim, I dont know what weight/size this will be.
    Great idea though if you have set a goal - I think it'd keep you really motivated xxx

10. Butt3rb34n

Butt3rb34n Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had some next jeans is bought in the sale but were a size 14 in my wardrobe which inspired me to start loosing weight, both pairs are now hanging off me!

11. sweet pink

sweet pink is losing for shoes

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(34.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My biggest goal when I started was to lose enough that I could fit into my wedding dress. I've had 3 children in a short space of time so thought that if I could get back to the size I was before I had them I would be happy even though at the time I thought I might be a bit optimistic. I'm pleased to say that 10 months later & my wedding dress doesn't fit me because it is now too big & I'm wearing clothes in a size that I probably wouldn't have been able to fit into since my teens & am determined to get to at least a 12. Like Jim of Troy I love desigual but I have always been too big to wear their range. This winter however I do plan to treat myself to one of their fabulous coats so long as I keep losing over the summer as my reward :D

12. kim63

kim63 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(19.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im nearly at target & have found nothing more satisfying than going into a shop & trying on a size 10 dress that fits...........so my advice would be to wait til you're near/at target & then get your 'goal clothes', the feeling is wonderful!

13. mistysmummy

mistysmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    SW
    For me its a pied a terre black dress I bought in January this year its a size 14 but more like a 12 hoping to get into it some time this year xx

14. 888sally888

888sally888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes a lovely pair of size 10 jeans which were too big for me this time last year. Was under 9 stone then lol

15. lizma4u

lizma4u Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have bought a dress (size 20 ) for a wedding it didnt fit but it was what i was looking for. I was a size 26 and am now comfortable in the new dress, i am looking forward to dropping more sizes i feel so much better.

16. vixp

vixp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My wedding dress is my goal :) xxx

17. **tracey**

**tracey** Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I haven't bought anything new but I have several clothes from before I put on weight that I would love to be able to wear again :)

18. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a wardrobe full of them! I have lost count of the amount of times I have bought something and thought 'I'll slim into it' and sadly i never do... Not this time though!!

I have a pair of size 10 trousers that I bought 9 years ago from Topshop, I've only ever warn them a couple of times and my aim is to wear them in 40 weeks when we go on holiday, i want to wear them to the airport. The few times i did manage to fit into them i think i was the happiest i'd felt about myself ever so I know how proud I will be of myself when i achieve my goal as the trouser have been hanging up all these years and I've longed to be able to wear them again.

19. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    some clothes that i used to wear before and plus some new clothes my parents have got for me x dont know when i will fit into them though x

20. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    yes i have lots size 12's which i will get into, fav trousers are size 12 and i will be over joyed when i can zip them up, :)

21. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have loads and loads of trousers especially from Next size 14 that hubby bought me, as when he asked me what size to buy i always said size 14. plus i bought a dress to wear to my sister in laws wedding in a 14 but the wedding was last year and i still havent worn it. it is really gorgeous but plain.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.