Does CD help with TOTM

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by oisin, 25 July 2008 Social URL.

1. oisin

oisin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    3st8lb
    Current Weight:
    1st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(66%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I have pocs and dont ovulate, so therefore i only have 2/3 periods a year :sigh: so just wondering if CD helps with cycles.

O X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    CD can mess with your cycle to begin with but normally will even out after a while. You may find you have much more regular cycles.

4. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    I dont get my period for years and then all of a sudden with get it for months at a time......Eventually as you lose weight CD will regulate it (or it did mine)...

X

5. Splash

Splash Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Weight loss can kick start regular cycles again.

6. Minz

Minz Maintainer

Can't help here I'm afraid - I'm regular as clockwork, but they aren't as painful and I don't get bloated like I used to.

7. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I read that any weight loss will help with the symptoms of PCOS. Soooo I suppose if you are losing weight with cambridge the answer is yes.

8. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Hiya

the 6 months preceeding CD my totm went completely to pot! Had always been a regular 28 day girl. But then at the beginning of the year they went haywire and my cycle was lasting a maximum of 14 days, of which I was "on" and heavy for 7 days of the 14. This (I now realise) coincided with me hitting my highest weight ever.

I came on at around the same time I started CD, and had read all kinds of things on here about people having shorter cycles, so was dreading it.

However as the weight has dropped off, my cycles have re-regulated themselves! I know its early days yet as I am only 7 weeks in to CD, but my last cycle was 30 whole days and I was less heavy than before.

Blooming marvellous!!!!

9. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I found CD messed with my cycle, I dont have PCOS but I know alot about it. I was a regular 29-30 day girl but had a 6 week cycle on CD. Didnt really bother me as I wasnt TTC but it went back to normal on my break off CD.

However with PCOS preventing you from ovulating regularly CD should help with this, as the weight drops off and your body is not dealing with the insulin resistence issues caused by PCOS you should start to see a return of your cycles to more regular intervals

Best of luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.