Does Extra Easy plan work ? Not for me !

hello xx i know u feel a bit down at losing slower than others but everyone is different xx i had a 5lb loss in my first week and then maintained in week 2 despite staying on plan 100% x i was devastated and i nearly blew it coz i was mad with the result. however i went and weighed the third week and lost 4lbs :) im now 15 weeks into it and losing a steady 1-2lbs a week x a pound a week is 52lbs a year which is 3st 10lbs lost in a year so dont worry u doing great x

Hi katsmad64 I'm new to this site and found your post about EE maybe not working for you. Did you stick with it and if so how did you get on? I'm thinking of starting it but am struggling to understand I can eat that much and lose weight.

Hi kikicat From my own experience and everyone is different it didn't work as well as I wanted :( Having said that it was good to get me to stop eating so much rubbish and you really don't need to go hungry . I got to target last year by starting off with SW then swapped to Calorie Counting as the progress was so slow on SW plan . While CC I was loosing 2lbs per week plus I could eat anything I want within allowance, for example while out I could have a sandwich or whatever as I knew what calories I had for rest of the day . I know you can have whatever you like on SW but some things are so high in syn value you stop having them and feel deprived ! Plus I found myself eating foods I didn't really enjoy just because they were free food. So that's why I decided I'd rather eat smaller amounts of food I like rather than food that didn't help with weight loss way too many carbs for me . I noticed this year they have changed the plan slightly making sure you have more protein so guess there were many members who felt the same ? Good luck with what you do unfortunately SW didn't work for losing weight for me but I think its a very good maintenance plan as long as you don't overdo it . Just want to say the group meetings are very supportive although can take a while to get through if there are lots of members plus lots of clapping !! x

Im starting to feel the same. I joined last feb and lost 2 stone in a couple of months - ate loads, stayed 100% on plan and the weight fell off very easily but then by august last year it just stopped, even though I was still 100% on plan, I would loose one week only to gain the next and so on. i still stayed to group each week but by end of october I'd had enough, left group but still kept to plan 80% of the time. Feeling sluggish after xmas and intrigued by the SP plan I rejoined my group and was amazed to find I was the exact same weight as my last weigh-in back in october! Anyway, had a great first week and lost 3 pounds, the second week I put on a 1lb, again 100% on plan and following SP! I felt like crying. This is my third week and I'm still plugging away at it, back to EE, but I'm really starting the wonder if for some SW simply does not work or stops working after a while. Being 4 stone from target I'm seriously considering trying something else.

Im starting to feel the same. I joined last feb and lost 2 stone in a couple of months - ate loads, stayed 100% on plan and the weight fell off very easily but then by august last year it just stopped, even though I was still 100% on plan, I would loose one week only to gain the next and so on. i still stayed to group each week but by end of october I'd had enough, left group but still kept to plan 80% of the time. Feeling sluggish after xmas and intrigued by the SP plan I rejoined my group and was amazed to find I was the exact same weight as my last weigh-in back in october! Anyway, had a great first week and lost 3 pounds, the second week I put on a 1lb, again 100% on plan and following SP! I felt like crying. This is my third week and I'm still plugging away at it, back to EE, but I'm really starting the wonder if for some SW simply does not work or stops working after a while. Being 4 stone from target I'm seriously considering trying something else.
Maybe try something different for a while if you feel you need support then keep going to group . I know lots of people that don't follow the "plan " 100% and still attend and still lose weight . Good luck I'd recommend calorie counting if only for one week what have you got to loose ! :) x

Thanks for reply. Yes, I will try cal counting but still stay to group and still eat sw way, just count cals instead of HE's, free food and syns. I'm really not getting anywhere fast on sw. I too think some of the great losses at group are not achieved by unlimited carbs, protein and fruit. ;) Good luck with your journey.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I will try cal counting but still stay to group and still eat sw way, just count cals instead of HE's, free food and syns. I'm really not getting anywhere fast on sw. I too think some of the great losses at group are not achieved by unlimited carbs, protein and fruit. ;) Good luck with your journey.

i eat SW way but in moderation as although u can have unlimited free food its common sense not to lol xx

Back