Does fruit make you hungry?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Just noticed that if i eat any type of fruit i get a hunger pang soon after eating so need to eat it even more to fill up, vicious circle!. Bit counterproductive?
Just wondered if anyone else felt the same

Most definitely and there are a few more of us to. Apparently its to do with the frutose content sending your sugar levels up and then for your levels to come crashing down.

I can eat a banana a day without it affecting me so I usually stick to that, but I do eat loads of veg to compensate.

isn't that the point?
it gets your digestion and metabolism going faster..
that's why a lot of fruit and veg is speed and superspeed foods..

I always feel hungry after eating fruit so I have a yoghurt too. :)

I usually have fruit as a snack when I'm hungry and it has yet to make me hungrier... every body is different I guess, I personally eat about a tonne of fruit, DAILY... lol. :)

Interesting idea, ColJack, i just thought it was cause it made me fuller than a packet of crisps but with very few calories.

Fruit makes me hungrier too, I'm very sensitive to the sugar in it. They (you know, clever people who do studies on these things) suggest eating fruit with protein, like yogurt as someone above said, to minimise this effect.

eternity said:
Fruit makes me hungrier too, I'm very sensitive to the sugar in it. They (you know, clever people who do studies on these things) suggest eating fruit with protein, like yogurt as someone above said, to minimise this effect.

I think I'll have to start doing that as I'm sometimes ravenous after a Satsuma sesh! X

I don't have that problem, but if you do, the answer is simple - don't eat fruit! It is not compulsory. You can have raw vegetables instead.

I struggle with fruit when I am and about, as not long after my blood sugar drops and i get the shakes and want to eat. I don't mind fruit in the summer out and about. If I am going to eat I make sure I do at home where it is safe to not self-sabbatage!

*Emsie* said:
The idea of a satsuma sesh makes me smile lol :)

Next week I'm going to sit at my desk eating a pepper like an apple and see how long it takes for someone to comment! I'll make a little game out of SW! X

Fruit makes me hungry, apples especially but I thought I was just weird. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Back