Does frylight olive oil spray do same job?

debtin

Gold Member
Looking at a cous cous receipe and it says to mix oive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Would using the frylight be just as good (how much would i use) or do i take the hit for the syns?

Not sure fry light would work - so personally i'd take the hit for the syns or what about using the oil as your HEX B (you get 1tblsp) x

No Fry Light wouldnt work. I just syn it. Just use a biut less oil than the recipe asks for. I frequently make dressing for salad out of oil mustard, vinegar etc. Just stick a teaspoon or half a teaspoon of oil in, a bit of water if you need to eke it out. Oil is still only 2 syns a teaspoon and you shouldnt need more than that per portion :)

I personally just use frylite for any cous cous recipes. After I add water, herbs spices etc.. I leave to sit then when its ready I fluff it up with a fork & give a few sprays of frylite to stop it sticking together

Thanks everyone...the recipe states six table spoon of olive oil but can't imagine the syns. Will use tea spoon amount as stated...even if use few spoon fuls it would be split between so many portions. Thanks again x

I personally just use frylite for any cous cous recipes. After I add water, herbs spices etc.. I leave to sit then when its ready I fluff it up with a fork & give a few sprays of frylite to stop it sticking together

Oh it depends what youre using it for - if its just to stop stuff sticking together then yeah of course Fry light will work - but if its as a dressing/for flavour then no, you might as well use a syn for the real deal. Sorry, I didnt realise we were talking about the cous cous not sticking.

I've been using berio's new olive oil spray. fricking love it. but I didn't use any fat on my couscous last week, just boiling water and a stock cube.

No your right its for the dressing. Seemed to fluff up ok for a novice and must say today was my first time trying and makin it and its been added to my lunch menu. Thanks again x

Back