does having too few syns slow down weightloss??

sham88

free2bme
Might sound like a silly question but in anyones experience does having little or no syns reflect badly on the scales?? When im being good and sticking to plan 100% i find i use 3 or less syns a day-i use my healthy extras for porridge every morning and then i dont really feel like having any treats or anything. I suppose it is only my first week and im sure that will change after a couple of weeks and ill be dying to use them but for the moment im happy enough filling up on free food so do you think this might go against me come weigh-in? :confused:

I find I lose better when I'm having between 10 and 15 syns a day. But we're all different.

You do what you feel happy with!! Personally I like my syns and have on average about 10 a day - if I didn't I am almost certain I would completely fall off the wagon.

But if you are happy with your syns that you are having, I can't see that eating more for the sake of it would help. I can't imagine less syns would work against you!! x

Thanks I thought so but its nice to hear some more experienced people agree, wait until next week ill be struggling to keep under 15 syns:)

Each to their own and I guess it comes down to what works for your body however if you refuse your syns now, what are you going to do when you get close I target?

I'm at target and I still have at least 80 syns most weeks

The weeks i only had 50 - 70 syns i loose 0.5lb but when i have 90 - 100 syns i loose 1.5lb so having more works for me x

I read on the SW website the other day that the more free foods you fill up on the less likely you are to turn to your syns. Now I always thought we should have at least 5 a day, that way you don't feel like you're missing out. A lot comes down to trial & error. Try a week having 10 & see how you get on. You might enjoy it more knowing you're having a nice treat everyday that still reflects well on the scales. Find what works for you.

Back