Does it matter what you wear?

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
For WI??

I always try and wear something light, because in my head it makes me lighter;) But I see people at my WI all the time wearing heavy jeans and big jumpers. So it got me wondering whether it matters what you wear for WI.

I don't think it matters what you wear if you wear the similar weight of clothes each time.
The difference between light clothes and jeans and jumpers could be 3 or 4 pounds, so switching between the two will show false gains and losses.

i always tend to wear the same trousers and diff tops the only thing is i have gone through 4 pairs of weighing trousers as the weight comes off lol

i decided from the start to wear leggings when i weigh as they are lightest trousers i have and are cheap to replace as the weight goes down. my usual trousers weigh around 1lb so i want to be as even as posible each week. so yeah.... to me, it matters :)

I wear something of a similar weight each week. In the winter I always make sure I have something decent on under the heavier stuff (I have a jumper which weighs nearly 2 pounds!) so I can strip off without embarrassment.

One of our members wears very chunky jewellery and always takes it off before she gets weighed - it weighs nearly a pound.

I have to agree with everyone else, it doesn't matter what you wear as long as it's the same (or similar) every week. I wear the same pair of trousers and one of half a dozen tops that are all the same but different colours.

One class I used to go to, a woman came to get weighed on her way home from work - she rode a motorbike and always came wearing full leathers, so she used to take her leather trousers off to get weighed and stand on the scales in just her pants! Brave woman!

I have to agree with everyone else, it doesn't matter what you wear as long as it's the same (or similar) every week. I wear the same pair of trousers and one of half a dozen tops that are all the same but different colours.

One class I used to go to, a woman came to get weighed on her way home from work - she rode a motorbike and always came wearing full leathers, so she used to take her leather trousers off to get weighed and stand on the scales in just her pants! Brave woman!

OMG did she really? surely if she had worn them each week that would have evned out lol....fair play to her!

OMG did she really? surely if she had worn them each week that would have evned out lol....fair play to her!

She really did, brazen as you like! The Consultant said that to her, but she said she couldn't take the gain she'd have on her record the week she put them on - fair play indeed :)

In our group, we think that we should have a communal towel (you know, the really old-fashioned elasticated at the neck things that we used to use when going to the beach!!!!), so that it wouldn't matter what you wear!!!!!
Lucky pants is a must! xx

i may have to turn up naked in order to get a result this week... feel so bloated lol

I believe so, I always wear my leggings and a light top every week because I started off wearing something light the first time I was weighed :)

well I wore my light trousers again, and lost 2.5lb this week, that makes 13.5lb altogether, only ½lb away from my stone!!

About a week after I started, I bought a pair of really light 3/4 cargo style pants, really soft cotton and very light material. I wear them with a vest top. I am struggling to keep the pants up now, the vest top will see me through till its too cold to wear them any more, and then I will just pile on the jumpers and unpile them when I get there. Dunno what I will do about the trousers tho... Another stone or so and they will be excellent ankle warmers.

It def doesn't matter so long as you wear similar each week. I used to wear the exact same clothes each week for wi, only wore them for that - I called it my sw uniform lol.

I wore jeans the week I joined, and light trousers every week after! My t shirts changed each week, but since they were just t shirts I don't think they made much difference. Always took my cardi off though, even though it's really thin!

Lucky pants? I swear by no pants for WI ;-)

Back