does life begin at 40.

cable

Gold Member
well here goes, after losing weight on and off over the years finally getting up to my heaviest of 16,8lbs i have managed to get down to 15,13 and need a support so here i started with the slim fast diet it appealed to me by being sweet and could still eat in the evening yipee!!!
this is day four as i started on tuesday it should have been monday but i cant remember what happened but i know it was a binge day for me, so i have stuck to the diet religiously 2 shakes a day + 3 apples and a nice meal in the evening.
today i am just about to have my strawberry shake, about 4ish i will have the chocolate one then tonight i am going out for chinese with friends this is going to be a test as i have no idea what to order but i do want to eat, i pretend all the time i am so happy with myself and actually preach to others who moan about their weight not to be silly beauty is within!
well i dont feel like that inside i am crying i go to bed every single night thinking of the day i will be slim how wonderful life will be my husband will be blown away with how lucky he is to have such a slim and gorgeous wife (he absolutley adores me as it is) i feel his and my friends will have a new take on me, why do i feel like this, when i go anywhere i constantly feel like a perv looking at slim people everywhere, wishing i could be them, wearing fabulous clothing, and confidant, so to weigh day on tues keep fingers crossed for me.

Hi Cable *hugs*

I think what you in is some self love! Don't go putting thoughts into peoples head, as you said your husband adores you and your friends are frineds for a reason :p

If losing some weight helps you see your self for the wonderfull person that you are then then thats great, but think you should stop and give yourself a big hug right now coz you won't stick to a diet unless you think you deserve to be happier in your own skin (which you do!!)

Anyway there is lots of love and support for you here..onwards and downwards! Have a lovely time tonight xxx

Thankyou so much, in reality I know you are right, have just had an hours walk around the village which is good for me as having arthritis i walk whenever my body allows, so far has been a fab day and i will allow myself to relax and enjoy the evening with my lively friends.

Well last night was brilliant! I did have just tandori chicken which is low in caps but then went over with about 4 large wines , I am not going to get in a tizz over it as it is half of what I would usually have, am in a great frame of mind today I have just gone with my 18 yr old daughter to get her birthday pressie and even resisted whilst she had a happy meal. I am now at my wonderful mother in laws who is cooking a fry up for the family (this happens every sat) also turned down I am on a roll. Tonight will be a test my sister is over with her partner so more wine and then nibbles but am going to take it as it comes .

I knew I shoudnt have but I got on the scales this morning and they only showed a lb down, so went and painted my sons bedroom, hopefully that has given my arms a workout it certainly feels like it.i am now watching biggest loser USA, I love watching weightloss programs, I am just hoping it will rub off on me. Today I have just tried my premade shake vanilla, omg they taste so much nicer its a shame they work out more expensive but I will certainly buy a few for when I am on the move. Today is my test having to forgo rosaries and dessert at my I laws where we go every Sunday for lunch, my mother in law is great she will alter my meal without doing what alot of people do " oh don't be daft you don't need to lose weight" so here goes will report back later on.

Hi Cable,

just had a read through and didnt want to not leave any comments.

Well done - you seem to be doing well so far, tbh a lb down is brill! its a lb off not a lb on so your going in the right direction!!

Also well done for resisting temptation, we all have a guilty moment i think at some point but we are human afterall :)! just get back 100% on plan and forget the "miss hap" :)!!

Also, just a quick note, in superdrug they do Slim Fast buy one get one free so i got premade shakes from here as works out cheaper :)! is really easy to order them online too, this is what i did.

anyways keep us updated!!!

lots of love
Em xxx

aw thanks emmaedes,
i did eat a roastie in the end but its not the end of the world just maybe 1 more day of dieting!
i have been very good since last night my hubbie went and got kebab for everyone that was a test but oh well.

today has been fine i should have been finishing the painting in my sons room but my sister turned up and we sat drinking coffee then went to the local craft shop for a wander and more coffee, all in all a bit of a lazy day but i'm not working today so hell why not.
although its now 3.20 and i still havent eaten or had a shake so dont know what to do now??? it must have been all of the coffee i just am not hungry today. i think i will have a shake now and just a dinner later on it might even out the bad days who knows?
am still feeling good and positive so will be back soon.

also i am going to get some premades in for definite i love them they are so much nicer and really creamy.

yes exactly! your allowed to have an "off" day now and then. on Saturday i went out with my bf and his sis and her bf. We went to an all you can eat buffet with food from around the world. . . so yes this means chinese, indian, thai, pizza. . . even roast dinner!!! so i let myself have a night off . . . didnt go too crazy because in all honesty i cant eat as much as i used to now! obviously a good side effect! but def didnt stick to my 600 cals. TBH was worth it because was sooooo yummy! but back on plan yesterday and today so hoping for a 1lb loss at weigh in on weds :)

sounds like you have had a lovely day!! and yes indeed its your day off so why shouldnt you!! Yes i would have a shake now and then din later.

Weds will be my third weigh in and i feel like i've lost weight but most of all i feel so much less bloated!!! i dont look pregnant now! lol!

im going to pop to tesco on my way home, thinking of getting some healthy breaded chicken some pitta breads or tortilla wraps (which ever is low cal meaning i can have two lol) and salad and make my own KFC wrap! YUM! thought about it earlier and now really craving it!

Also going to stock up on Harley's ready made jelly's. Another lady posted on a different post about having it as a snack! perfect idea for the evenings! and they are about 3cals each AND they are 6 for £2 in Tesco! so no reason not too! also will stock up on quavers! yum! and only 88cals.

hope you have a gd evening hun xxx

Great minds think alike I had 2 of the orange jellys earlier, I did buy them for Billy (my son) but he didn't like them when I saw the calorie content I just couldn't believe it!!! Well I did have a shake it was an ultraslim one from Tesco I was very surprised with it , it was the coffee one and very lush, I have just had dinner of jacket potatoe tinned salmon and 4 tomatoes it was yummy. My dinner was going to be ham cheese and asparagus pie until I saw the calories were 510 just for the pie, so am feeling all smug and saintly now, by the way I absolutely love love tortillas will have to get them in. I am now nestled for the evening with my hot chocolate (low cal) in my pjs laughing at kev my hubbie as he is getting ready to go and play footie its blinking freezing the maniac!!

oooo the jellies are yum arent they! i had a Raspberry and Cranberry one last night (under 10cals!) amazing!!!

My dinner was sooooo yummy, in the end i got chargrilled chicken breast in Regae Regae sauce and had those in two weight watchers torillas with loads of lettuce, cucumber and diced tomato with mayonaise! was seriously yummy!!!!

Aw bless, football last night! he must be mad!!! my bf plays on a Thursday in the freezing cold!! silly arent they!

I've had my Cafe Latte shake this morning and going to have a chocolate one at lunch time, with an apple and some salt and vinegar quavers!!!! i bought these yesterday and was seriously tempted to eat them there and then but thought nope and my will power kicked in (for once). Think im going to have a weight watchers bolognaise bake tonight with two slices of garlic bread and lots of salad! yummy.

Hope you enjoy your day x x x weigh in tomorrow morning for me :S x x x

Hey what a great day then for us both.

So far today i didnt have a shake as Billy left 5 of his mini weetabix and before i knew it i just automatically popped them in my mouth, just shows how absent minded i have been when i think i have been good on some days before i started doing slimfast, the stuff that goes in without me even thinking about it, so 2 coffees later and a bit of painting i am just watching a bit of holly and eamon on this morning, its been a really lazy week i could get used to this time off work malarky.

Now i just need to organise what i am doing for tea tonight so had better get something out of the freezer, going for a rummage now.... right i am having a low cal diet meal of cottage pie not my favorite of meals but in this cold it's probably best to get it eaten lol, am having a coffee latte shake for lunch and will squeeze 3 apples in along the way, am determined to be strong ad add no more than that in today.

Has anyone seen the pilates thing that attaches to a wall or door handle you put your feet and arms in the pulleys and it seems to work gently every muscle in your body, well it would, when i tried to do it it wouldnt stay on the hook and i ended up going flying, am just glad i am in alone. would have been funny to view. so have given up on that one. right off to do a second coat of paint on wall, this weight loss thing is great as the house is getting a makeover too.

ps reggae reggae sauce mmmmmm
good luck for tomorrow emmaeades, xxx

oh and was only a lb down still, i have been good but the only reason i can think of not losing more is most probably the huge mahoosive binge out i had last monday, so this week i want at least 3lb off.

1lb is still a loss and thats in the right direction so well done! i think i'll loose 1lb at most this week but thats ok by me, as long as its a loss.

Well done on the decorating!! on my days off i tend to fall into the habit of watching Jeremy Kyle, This Morning and then remembering on ITV2 theres two afternoon episodes of Jeremy Kyle and then before i know it it's 5 o'clock! ha! opps!! But yes well done, must be burning some of those calories!

I havent seen the pilates thing no, but it sounds bloody fun!!! haha! good job no one was around! thats the type of thing i would do. . . but usually im not as lucky to be the only one there!!! once (this is no joke) i was at the gym walking away on the treadmill and i dropped my MP3 Player and me being me automatically bent down (yes the treadmill was STILL moving) to pick it up. . . obviously you can guess i flew off the end of it!!! *embarrassing*!!!!! and yes there were loads of people in the gym . . . of course i then didnt go back to that particular gym! haha! what a div!! now i've learnt my lesson (if your going to go on a treadmill dont walk, run! then theres no chance of you thinking to bend down to pick something up)haha

Hope your having a good day anyway. . . i've just had my chocolate shake (YUM) and going to have a chicken noodle cupa soup (98cals) and salt and vinegar quavers (86cal) later :) then my 3rd snack will be my jelly this eve . . . im trying to keep below the 300cal for snacks atm.

x x x

p.s just had some salt and vinegar quavers! omg yummm! havent had them for years and they are only 86cals!!! :) x x x

86 cals for a pkt of crisps, is brill trouble is i have to get a pkt a day or i might be tempted to eat more, i just lurve crisps.

last night went well i stuck to what i was going to have for tea, i did feel a bit peckish about nineish but just filled up on coffee (again).

today has been good i have had my 2 latte shakes i love this flavour so much and yet i hate anything else that is coffee flavoured very strange, pluse i have had 3 apples already, for tea tonight i am making a good healthy stew so cant really go wrong with that i just will have to refrain from the dumplings as they are mostly fat arent they.

got to go to the shops now and get my daughters birthday cards for the morning she will be 11, she has picked to go to tgis on sat night that is going to be freaking hard as they do the best ribs in there but will have to try and make a good choice wont i.

i must admit being home doing as i please this week on my own has been so good for me, i was on the laptop on pinterest, (online scrapbook), on here bit of fb, before i know it its nearly 3pm pinterest is brilliant have a peek, this site has been whats keeping me going as i know i have to report in, the support is great,

do you still go to the gym emma??? heres to a good evening to us all x

i know, well tbh im exactly the same i love crisps! and will scoff all of them if i could!! but i've bought multi-packs and so far *touch wood* i have only had one a day! tucking into some wotsits as we speak.

oooo your tea sounds yummy!!! i would LOVE a home made stew right now!!! but tonight i have a tesco light choices ready meal of sausages, mash and im going to have peas with it!! It's in the fridge and i really didnt fancy the thought of it. . . had a look at it at lunch time and thought YUM i want it!! so now i cant wait for dinner!!

Feeling very rubbish atm! i've had a cold/flu for two weeks, went to docs last fri as was in agony (headache, toothache, my whole right side of my face felt like it was throbbing) and turns out i have infected sinus (sinusitis) so he gave me anti biotics but since then i've felt as bad if not worse!!! the anti biotics run out on Fri so looks like another trip to docs for me!! boo hoo :(!

Aw bless her, ooooo TGI's YUM!!!!! stay strong!! tbh i didnt stay strong last week, went for dinner fri (stuck to healthy choices) went to an all you can eat buffet on sat (and i ate all i could!! chinese, indian, pizza - opps) and sunday i had a day off the diet - didnt go crazy but only had morning shake and then beans on toast for lunch with quavers and then spag bol for din and a chunky kit kat (these are my downfall i LOVE them) and i still lost 1lb when i weighed in this morning! Phew!!!

oooo i might have a look at that site!

i havent been to the gym this year yet *slap on wrists* but i really want to get back in there now, but i cant as i cant breath because of this sinusitis!!! so im planning to go on saturday morning providing i feel better!!! how about you? are you a member of a gym?

xxx

Yay another pinterest lover, i'm compleatly addicted! Plus there are a gazillion project ideas on that site to help keep us distracted :) (mainly i just repin them, not actually make them but _I will_ -oneday) xx

check you emma well done another one down!!!!

i have lost another 2lbs since tuesday, hooray... that is making up for the rubbish weigh in on tues now i a sooo happy.
i had dinner yesterday then my older daughter zoe popped in for me to do her st tropez, she is off to scotland for the wk, then i went to bingo it was the first time OMG i loved it, i didnt win any money but i did come home for 2 pooh bears so lucy and billy got one each, i will definitley be going back, who would have knew i thought it was an old ladie thing (well i a nearly there) but there were groups of teens playing too. my neighbour went and ordered chips, but i was good i stuck to just a coffee.

i dont go to the gym i have arthritis so alot of things are just not possible i was thinking of pilates actually i have been thinking of it for about 3 wks it maybe its time to stop thinking and get off my lardybum and go and do something about it lol.

so far today i havent had anything but i will only have my shakes as its lucys birthday she gets to choose what we all have for tea so i had better be prepared, it could be anything from pancakes to thai food !

emma i do hope you feel better soon sinus pain just really makes you feel yucky doesnt it, so go and get them antibiotics down you little lovely.

ykciv, oh yes it is addictive i only know one other person on there, i have been making pins that is what took most of my time, you can have a peek at mine if you like i am kay everett on there.

have a fab day all xxx

well done on the 2lbs!!! i went home last night and weighed myself again (twice in one day i know its bad haha) and it was showing i lost 2lbs not 1lb! but im sticking to 1lb loss as thats what it was at my weigh in time!! so the other 1lb can go towards next week!!

oooo i want to try bingo!! looks like fun and would obviously love to win haha! very well done on passing on the chips!!! takes alot doesnt it but dont you feel so much better for saying no?! i just look at the person eating them and think as they eat each chip thats 1lb gained, thats another, and another, and another! and then im not interested in the chips at all!!! the powers of the mind will never fail haha!!!

haha well tbh i've been thinking about going to body balance since just after xmas! lazy or what! haha but i want to lose a bit more before going, i have pictured in my head all the yoga bunnies going who are mega toned and skinny!! so yes gym first! i would also REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do spin class but def need to improved fitness before doing that! haha!

i have to share - im sharing this with everyone atm!! last night i had Tesco Light Choices Sausage, Mash and Onion Gravy. I had it with peas - OMG it was soooooo scrummy! literally didnt want it as it was cooking but was the only thing in the fridge and its 350cals so i thought well i'll just have it!! wow its lovely!!! also because its so low in cals i added some tesco low fat light choices grated cheddar to the mash half way through cooking it in the oven and that made it even more delicious and only took the calories up to just under 400cals! so how perfect is that!!! i have to go shopping tonight as have run out of dinners and i really think im going to have it again tonight!!! its so low in cals and im off out tomorrow for an all you can eat chinese!! courtesy of my dad!! so trying to stick really low today and tomorrow during the day . . . then going to the gym saturday and the monday and tues (all being well) so should balance itself out!!!

anyways i've rambled long enough, and after speaking about food so much im rather hungry . . . prawn cocktail quavers here i come!!! thank you for wishing me better :) felt alot better this morning but feeling a bit worse now! :( boo. last day of antibiotics tomorrow and then a trip back to the docs i think!!

hope your ok lovely,

Em x x x x x

Yesterday passed fine phew, lucy decided on dominos pizza so i only had 2 slices i looked up the cals and i still came in ok, luckily pizza is not top of the list for me.

This morning i had to go to Henley hospital with billy it turns out he's got asthma on the way back to the centre to get a cab i found the greatest vintage shop even billy was in awe (he thought it was pirate treasure) he stopped the woman working there and said this shop is glorious, he does make me laugh, anyway the point i'm getting to is there was a cute little table for only a tenner which would have been perfect under my stairs now i am kicking myself for not getting it, although i'm not sure what the taxi driver would have made of it. i never went into costa which i can never ever walk past.

I am now home in the warm got a ton of houswork to do, lucy is going to stay with zoe tonight and billy stays at kevs mums on a friday as she takes him swimming every sat, so i have a peaceful evening which could prove to be a bit dangerous!!! so i need to get something out now to keep me on track, or maybe a trip to waitrose is in order, i wish tescos was nearer, emma that meal sounds delish i am going to give that a try.

Go and give bingo a try, great fun haha
have a fab friday all xxx

Back