Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does SlimFast work?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by MissJekyll, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. MissJekyll

MissJekyll Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.07%)
    Diet:
    Capsiplex/Healthy Eating
    Hey everybody,
    I was on the slimming world diet and did alright, but in May my grandad died and the emotional comfort eater took over :eek:. I've decided that although slimming world did work for me, i need something more strict to really get my weight loss going and motivate me. I was thinking of trying SlimFast, and was just wondering how you're all doing with it and whether you think i should give it a go?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peanuts

peanuts Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    hi dannielle well done on your weightloss so far slimfast/ultra slim works for me have lost 22 pounds so far and everyone else seems to be losing as well i have lost an average of 2 pounds per week i know if i exercised a bit more than i do it would be more but i am so happy with the way its going so far give it a try you have nothing to lose ---but weight :) good luck

4. sarahgillian

sarahgillian Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I had my doubts in the beginning but it really does work! I lost half a stone in my first week and starting to exercise as well now!

The shakes really do keep you going through the day and one main meal fills you up, sometimes I don't even finish it all!

5. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I thought I'd hate Slimfast because I'm used to eating so much, but I seriously love it and can't believe I haven't tried it sooner! The shakes are delicious (in my opinion anyway!), as are the snacks, and I don't feel hungry because you can still have 3 snacks, that at the moment are working out to be things like Walkers French Fries, Weight Watchers cookies (which are divineeee!) along with Slimfast's own brand stuff, so I don't really feel as if I'm on too much of a diet, but I still lost 5lb in my first week.
    The fact that it's fairly strict works well for me, I need defined rules as to what I can eat and what I can't otherwise I end up cheating a lot - as has happened in the past :rolleyes:

I'm having to give it up temporarily to go to my boyfriend's sister's wedding (which is why I started Slimfasting in the first place - to look good for that!) and I'm already looking forward to starting it again, it's given me control and I'm seeing real results fairly quickly! :D

6. MissJekyll

MissJekyll Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.07%)
    Diet:
    Capsiplex/Healthy Eating
    Thanks everyone, i'm goin for it :) x

7. kazzymc

kazzymc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(10.78%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    Good luck dannielle, ive found it really works for focusing my mind on what i need and what i dont need im doing so much better at sticking at it than i thought i would be, ive not had a weigh in yet as waiting to go to gp`s for that then it will be a month since ive been on slimfast

8. lisa41948

lisa41948 Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey, I am starting tomorow too, I hope it works i am becoming more and more miserable, i just want my clothes to fit nicely and to be happy!! Let me know how you both get on xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.