Does Slimming World still work if you don't like veg/salad??

Missadamson86

Hi everyone!

I am new to both SW and this forum. I have been following the Extra Easy Plan for 1 week now. Tonight was my first weigh in and i have lost 1lb. I must admit i am a bit disappointed as i had heard stories of members losing up to 7lbs in their first week!
I'm not sure if my main problem is that i don't like much veg or salad, therefore i find it difficult to fill 1/3 of my plate up with free foods. I have been trying to eat a lot of fruit to compensate this though.
I am also feeling like i am eating loads of pasta and i'm not sure if this will be slowing my weight loss? I know its free but i just cant get my head around being able to eat unlimited rice, pasta, potatos and still get a loss?
I could really be doing with some tips and advice, even some ideas on what to eat for lunches and dinners as i feel like i am eating the same things over and over again! Also do you think that because i don't like salad and veg then this plan might not be for me?

Thank you in advance :eek:

As you have lost 1lb in your first week, it shows that it does work, but perhaps it'll take you a bit longer.
The whole SW ethos is eating at least 1/3 Superfree with every meal. That used to be just with EE but I understand that they recommend it for Original & Green plans too now.
The whole premise is to help fill you up with the more dense, but lower calorie items (superfree) so you end up eating less of the free before you feel satisfied.
Are there no veg that you like? Perhaps passata & onion at least - they can go in sauces & pasta dishes etc and are both superfree.
I guess I'm lucky as since starting SW I've discovered I like some veg that I never even tried before - my most favourite 'find' is roasted BNS - I even snack on cold left overs at work the following day.

Are there no

Thanks for replying! Maybe i should be glad if the 1lb! Hope its a bit more next week! I do like onions snd some roasted veg so will give that a try! Need some cooking insparation i think!! X

Do you like soup?? When I have nothing planned i always make loads of different soups (butternut squash, superspeed, mushroom...) and have a bowl before my meal and then I've had my superfree

My mum doesn't do veg. Onions, pepper, tomatoes, the occasional carrot if roasted, ... she's lost about 2 stone with EE and kept it off still, a year later :)

Good luck :)

I never thought that I liked much fruit or veg but after 15 months on SW I now know that a lot of the stuff I thought I didn't like I just hadn't tried since I was a child and my taste buds have now changed.

I've eaten most fruit and veg since being on plan and the only things I actually don't like are iceberg lettuce, cucumber and parsnips. Before sw I also thought I didn't like broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, peppers, courgette, spinach and tomato (raw) to name a few.

Give a variety of foods a go and you might find you like more than you think!

I hated vegetables and would only eat them raw. Then I discovered that they didn't need to be boiled for ever, and that when cooked properly I really liked them.

Vegetables are really important for general health, and I am glad I made the effort to get over my dislike. I still won't eat peas or spinach or Brussels sprouts, and can only just tolerate broccoli or cauliflower if it is barely cooked, but I will eat most other vegetables.

I don't have any trouble with superfree because I prepare the vegetables first, then decide what is going with them, rather than the other way around.

You could try things like;

cauliflower cheese using your hexa - you could even stick some bacon in
putting some harissa paste in with roasted veggies for a little more flavour
Garlic and butter with asparagus cooked in a griddle/frying pan
mint sauce in with peas
chop up onion, mushroom, peppers and courgettes with passata for a pasta sauce #
mash some carrots/cabbage in with your mashed potato - use a few syns for butter and you prob wont know the difference
or how about a few syns for honey over roasted vegetables

I love all veg so that isnt a problem but it can get very boring so there is no harm in mixing it up a bit.

Back