Does the term "star week" make anyone else cringe?

katyloola

This is probably just me, but I cringe whenever I hear it! I can't bring myself to say it, and have to announce my period instead, lol. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like it!

Last edited:
It sounds a bit silly to me too! No idea why...maybe because it seems a bit childish?

Mine you I cringe everytime I see someone refer to a Muller. I don't know why but it drives me mad!

It's a flaming yoghurt! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :argh:

I know what you mean but unfortunately if you use the words "i'm on my period" at my group some of the older women gasp. Its mighty embarrassing. I had to use the words "star week" this morning and I'd bloody put on again. Only ever gain on a star week. I'm gonna start calling it FAT WEEK cos thats how I feel this afternoon.

I've been jogging, walked miles, learnt the quick step and the tango and done wii fit twice and Davina fit twice this week and stayed under 70 syns for the week. So why the bloody gain.

Sorry ladies rant over.

Re: Does the term "star week" make anyone else cringe?

Now I'd happily call it fat week! I think star week makes it sound like some magical lady-secret that the pixies are involved with, lol.

Sorry about your gain. Maybe you've been building some muscle with all the exercise so it's good, toned weight instead of fat!

Aww Cluffy you sound like me on start week lol!!!

Oh don't get me started!! So many things that people say make me cringe. I don't like "muller" either. My two greatest hates are "cuppa" and "uni", but if I told you them all we would be here until Easter!!

Yeah toned muscle week sounds much better.

But do you know what next month I'm gonna say "Its my fat week this week" and then watch them gasp. Ha ha thats cheered me up ta x

Re: Does the term "star week" make anyone else cringe?

avisk said:
Oh don't get me started!! So many things that people say make me cringe. I don't like "muller" either. My two greatest hates are "cuppa" and "uni", but if I told you them all we would be here until Easter!!

Oh dear...what have I started, hehe

I'd rather say "it's my time of the month" if we have to be polite, or it's that time. Where on earth did star week originate from?

I do say cuppa though (oops!) but hate uni :)

I have to say - Thank god for this thread!!!!

Ive noticed a few people using it (some shorten it to "*week" and I've been totally baffled haha! Didnt have a clue what they were going on about!

I'd like the period pixies to eff-off, personally :p

I thought it was just me. What's wrong with saying you have your period? We all get it for goodness sake (unless you're lucky enough to be pregnant;)).

Good to know i'm not the only one!

jaylou said:
Where on earth did star week originate from?
[\QUOTE]

I think it's because ages back you were able to put a star sticker in your book to show it was that week but it was before my time so I may be wrong - I just seem to remember it being mentioned once.

ha! i totally agree. is 'period' an ugly word?

whats with disliking 'uni' though? its a lot quicker than saying university...and easier to type so i see its point and i use it all the time lol. 'star week' isnt easier though and does make me think of pixies too.

love this thread, my period pixies are going into retirement from now on - it does make me laugh though when people whisper the word period like its something to be frightened off - my mum does it all the time and is still totally embarrassed if we're shopping together and I have to put tampons in the trolley - goodness me I do wonder how she ever coped when she was younger - but no more embarrassment or gasping for me to experience as from now on I'll only have thin weeks, fat weeks or even fatter weeks xxx

it reminds me of when my mum used to call my vagina a 'tup tups' and even then she would whisper it LOL

. . . whats with disliking 'uni' though? its a lot quicker than saying university...and easier to type so i see its point and i use it all the time . . .

I never claimed to be rational about it!! :confused:

I just hate most abbreviations, written or spoken.

Back