Does the time of the month really make a difference to your weight loss?!?

Hello all! Im feeling really rubbish today as it has been a week since starting my slimming world diet again and i seem to have only lost 1lb!! i have been using my food diary haven't gone wrong anywhere, not been going over 10 syns each day. was feeling quite positive as i thought id been really good!! the only thing i can think of that may have got in the way is the time of the month! does this really make a difference?!

A lot of people at my group say it makes a big difference. I haven't been going long enough to spot the difference yet. Perhaps it's better to think of your weight loss as over a month than a week?

Hello all! Im feeling really rubbish today as it has been a week since starting my slimming world diet again and i seem to have only lost 1lb!! i have been using my food diary haven't gone wrong anywhere, not been going over 10 syns each day. was feeling quite positive as i thought id been really good!! the only thing i can think of that may have got in the way is the time of the month! does this really make a difference?!

Try not to feel rubbish as it can take a few weeks for your body to get used to the SW way of eating. SW advocate a 1-2lb weight loss per week for healthy weight loss.....1lb per week is 52lbs per year. You haven't put your stats up, so I cant really see how much you need to lose to begin with, but stick with it, read the threads on here to give you advice on how to follow the plan, stay focused/ commited & the weight will come off. Ref * week, a lot of us do STS or gain at this time, but that can be due to water retention & you will probably notice a loss the following week.......as the OP said, try to look at the bigger picture. If you look at my signature, Im all over the place for no reason & the big loss I had of 5lb was following * week :)

thank you both! going to stick with it just a little disappointed as i have previously lost 3st 10lb on the diet. just expected a bit more first week!!

Starting weight 12st 5lbs

Target weight 10st 10lbs

I used to have about a 5lb gain at time of the month before I started Sw but I'm happy to report its only a 1lb gain since I started the diet and it comes off straight away when I finish so it's brill! Stick with it cos it works! Xx

effects me definitely, every 4 weeks is a tell tale sts or + on my record book even though i stick with it all the time, we are all different and i don't let it get me down as i find the following week always gives me a better loss, i just look forward to this! also to note i only lost 1.5lbs in my first week and stuck with it religiously, but have gone on to lose a total of 25lb in 9 weeks so stick with it, all will work out in the end!

Glad for your message on this Kimmy! I felt so disheartened this week because of this but genuinely hoping next weeks weigh in will make a difference x

Back