Does the weight really stay off after re feed??

Ejsunshine

I love LT it works and works fast but i can't help researching it reading both positive and negative things about it. Main concerns are piling the pounds back on as I keep reading the body has been starved so it will store as fat everything u eat, is this true? Also about losing your hair, I expect to maybe lose a little but not a huge amount like some say. I've got a long way to go hence my concerns and plan to do the whole programme properly I just don't want to end up fatter and bald ;-) am I torturing myself reading pros and cons? Xx

Just go for it! The pros definitely outweigh the cons trust me! :)
As long as you do the refeed and think about what your eating and up your activity you should be able to maintain easily, as for losing hair it's not like you lose big clumps of it in one go, just a little more comes off your brush (I didn't mind it as I have naturally thick, curly hair). Whilst your on this diet why don't you have one of your treats as some hair pampering time, eg hair mask, condition etc?

Will the weight stay off? Thats totally down to you. If you go back to old habits then no probably not, but thats not down to the diet. Like any diet itll do what it says - itll get the weight of you, what happens after that is your choice.

Just remember yes a lot of people regain weight after a VLCD but then a lot of people regain weight after WW/SW too

Just make sure you refeed correctly, my friend did it two years ago lost 4 stone from size 14 to size 8 and I've never, seen her weight fluctuate since :) xx

I have been wondering the same thing about putting it all back on once I come off lipotrim! I need to loose 3 stone and if I do I will be very impressed with myself but I am worried once I start eating healthy food I will put weight back on. Currently sat at a BBQ watching people eat! It's killing me but I am not going to give in!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I did LT 2 years ago and lost 2 stone in 7 weeks.. brilliant!!! But then within 2 months i piled it all back on and another stone on top for added measure. Why?
1. Because I thought I knew better than the refeed.
2. I obviously never learnt a thing from portion sizes to healthy eating doh,
3. I ate and ate and ate way above the calories I burned against what I shovelled in my gob..simples
It doesn't make any difference what diet or eating plan you use if you do it properly and 100% it WILL work. Do what works for you BUT learn from this, research healthy low fat foods, invest some time into exercise, keep you brain active by planning and creating exciting foods that work for you and your family, weigh yourself regularly, if you see the scales going up then you are clearly OVEREATING. Learn about calories and fat content. Be happy and don't become obsessed ( leads to binging)
I am glad to say I've followed another VLCD and have lost almost 3 stone but one thing I've learned is that I'm going to do a refeed for longer than the recommended time, to allow my mind to get used to eating again slowly and to raise my metabolism so that not every calorie I consume adds a mountain of weight. Remember introducing carbs will switch your body using fat as fuel ( ketosis) to using the carbs you eat as fuel so your liver will refill up with its glycogen stores and water which is around 4-8lbs and is not a true reflection of weight gain. Good luck :)

That's good to know I am aiming to loose 3 stone then refeed for a few more months but stick to eating salad & veg and treat myself to an odd take away every now and then. I can't wait for weigh in to see what I have lost and for people to start noticing I have lost weight xx

Back