Does TOTM slow weight loss?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LISACDVIRGIN, 17 April 2008 Social URL.

1. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Morning every1!:)

Just a quick question!
    I'm at the start of my 2nd week now and have noticed from a lot of peoples signatures that TOTM is often noted next to weight loss. Does this means that it slows it down? I have mine this week and just wondered if i should expect a small loss??:confused:

Any advice appreciated!
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The simple answer is that it's different for everyone. Some people do find that it does slow things down (although most of the time you lose a bit extra the week after) but others don't have any difference.
    At the end of the day as long as you're losing the weight you shouldn't let it worry you.
    Hope this helps!

4. Miel

Miel French Honey

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Lisa

From what I have read, it seems that the best thing you can do is to (yep! you guessed it) up your water consumption. At TOTM you can retain water and the best thing for this is to glug more of it. To be honest, when I was on CD before I never noticed a difference, but it seems to affect everyone differently, you might not notice any difference at all, but to be on the safe side keep drinking the water :)

5. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    For me - YES.... Every TOTM I have had I have had a STS & I have a hormone coil fitted which means I dont actually have proper TOTM's.... But then I am not like most people I'm afraid....

You'll see a pattern forming if there is one though xxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm the same as T4M and have the mirena coil and before I had no bleeding - now i have spotting .... lots more bloating, holding onto excess water - and cravings! Arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!

Miel's right drink more water to help aid the water retention ... and hopefully the week after will be a better weight loss!

7. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Definately a difference for me!But it does tend to even out the next week,eg.Last week I lost 1lb,whereas on my scales so far this week I have lost 5lb,so over the 2 weeks it is 3lb which is about what I like to lose!
    But we are all different!

8. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Same one as me Bev - bloody thing! TBH I dont get cravings but possibly mine needs replacing now BUT the PMT is dreadful again! As for the water retention, my losses scream out at TOTM - boo hissssssss

9. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have the minerva coil also and usually the only thing i get is PMT but i didnt seem to get it last week? hmmm. well thank u so much for the advice. i shall drink water like i have never drank before!!
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.