Does your CDC contact you for updates?

Hi,

I dont know if it's just mine, but she does'nt contact me from one week to the next :(

I see her monthly, I know she has other clients, but she just lets me get on with it.

Is this normal practise, I get more support etc.. from you guys .

What do you think?

bm2lm xx

Mine is the same, she comes fortnightly and never weighs me or anything, she dosent even bring my chart. I just get on with it too, and if I have any questions I ask on here:)

She is showing more interest now I have applied to become a CDC myself. I wandered if because I haven't had many problems she just dosent want or need to give me much support.

Good thing we have Mins:D :D :D

Tracey
x

Mine is the same, she comes fortnightly and never weighs me or anything, she dosent even bring my chart. I just get on with it too, and if I have any questions I ask on here:)

She is showing more interest now I have applied to become a CDC myself. I wandered if because I haven't had many problems she just dosent want or need to give me much support.

Good thing we have Mins:D :D :D

Tracey
x

Know what you mean, I would be lost and would have kissed goodbye to this diet a long time ago if it were not for this forum :)

bm2lm xx

Hi
My CDC is FAB. I get weighed on a Sunday and she always rings me midweek (wed,Thurs) to check if i'm on the straight and narrow. This is really important to me because thats when i'm feeling low (in between sessions). I must admit though that this site is excellent aswell. Alround I really feel i'm getting a good deal:)
love

Why don't you ask her to give you a call each week if you only see her monthly!

Good thinking :superwoman:

It's difficult for CDCs - they don't want to seem as though they are checking up on you, but they also want to be supportive. It's a two way relationship and if you need more from her then you need to let her know.

I try to contact all my new starters in the first few days, but always tell them to text me, email or call if they need me in the meantime. I also send out a weekly email to all my bods on email, just saying hi, reminding them to let me know in advance if they want a large order of something, and generally just saying hello.

Talk to her - she may think that you don't want/need more support :)

I was going to post pretty wellwhat D-Q has just said but from the clients point of view.
In the first week or so my CDC rang me & impressed on me that she's aleays there if/when I need her.
I saw her weekly for a while,but curently doit 2 or 3 weekly to cut down on driving.
BUT as i get nearer to goal & start moving up the stages she's gonna be earning her moneythe hard way ( unless she acts on her threat to emigrate) as I'll have loads of questions & worries & niggles etc.
At the risk of soundidng pompous yet again today.
We are adults & are expected to behave as such.
We know where to go when we need help,help doesn'r need to come looking for us.

the fact that mini's is such a good forum merely means that some CDC's are saved from answering some questions from some clients some of the time.
A good CDC will also know which clients need regular ontact & which don't.
Superficially good & bad CDC's actions may appear v similar..I guess it's how they react when you're in trouble that sorts them out.

night night.
did I apologise in advance for getting soap boxy?,

Hiya,

Every CDC operates differently and some provode loads of support while others may assume they their clients are doing ok, as they have explained to them what has to be done

Personally, as a CDC, i do maintain a close relationship with my clients and do keep checking on them on regular intervals.

But, then CDC's also face the same situation as people using CD. When i text my clients to see how there getting on, not every one gets back, so sometimes we CDC's are in the same boat as you as well.....

But never mind... minimins is always here!!!

Hi,
My CDC phones every week - but usually ends up leaving a message on the answering machine because we have such hectic lives AND my teenage daughter hogs the phone!
If I have a query or problem she's there - if she isn't in she calls back really quickly. This suits me - I'm happy to get on with it myself.
She doesn't weigh me but I keep her informed.
I'd chat to your CDC and let her know you'd like more contact. I'm sure she just thinks you're ok!

I don't hear from her between WIs but normally I see her every fortnight and spend 30mins chatting with her which is great. I reckon if I needed her she'd be there but I rely on the forums for my between wi support.

my cdc is a godsend
very supportive
i see her weekly and we sit and chat
if i needed her at any time i can ring
she doesn`t ring me unless i`ve hada problem and she is checking i`m o.k
can`t praise her enough

if you are concerned that you aren`t having much contact then ask her if she`ll give you a ring fortnighlty just for encouragement
i think most cdc`s will help just that they wont bug you if they think your doing o.k

my cdc is fab!!! i see her weekly and am there for 30 mins to an hour she is fab, and i know if i ring or emal her she wont think am hasslin her etc i know she is generally interested in how we do, she is taking some photos for me next week :)

she is fab:)

xxx

Back