Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

2.5lb gone this week! So close to seeing the 8s on the scales! Mini goal for next week is to lose 1.5lb!

Well done on the loss Stevie! Your doing amazing

Well done both of you that's great news. I gained 1lb this week but been pretty bad and was quite lame with exercise so to be expected really! Good fast yesterday and shred exercise complete as well as some on the Xbox kinect. Not done any today and I have to confess have cracked open the wine now with the other half so not gonna happen now haha! Planing to fast tomorrow and Thursday if I can manage it to compensate and try and lose a pound or 2 by Friday! Luckily boyo is out on Friday so that means he won't be tempting me to get take away haha! Hope you are all having a good week. Fingers crossed for losses x x

Weighed today and I was 9st! Eeeeep. Naughty little WI but hoping it sticks and shows or even into the 8s would be fab! Yayy 5:2! X

Not a good week for dieting, +3lb this morning.

But I guess sometimes life is about enjoying the little things. A couple of cold pints at the football, a takeaway and a cosy night in with the other half. I need to remember this, plus the fact that I've still lost 1st 2lb in 7 weeks, instead of beating myself up about it which I'm doing currently. Everyone deserves a week 'off' now and then right?!

Back to the grindstone today and willing to work harder than ever to turn this week around!

1lb off for me this week..scales showing 9 st .05lb - yay! Also my jeans feel soo baggy, wish I had of done my inches now! My bra isn't as tight as well either, definitely lost inches :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

HI EVERYONE.. can I join in? I started 5:2 this week and today is my first fast day! My initial hunger has passed... need to hold out until 2pm before I eat!!! only 2.5 hours left to go! Ergh.. maybe I can squeeze in a cup of black tea to keep me going!

I lost 2 stone last year doing 5:2, and I decided to get back on it. Been floating around the same weight for the last 6 months and really fed up with it now. Short term goal is to get under 10 stone and as close to 9 and half stone as I possibly can before I go New York (Mid June - 7 weeks to go) ... long term goal is to get to around 9 stone, or just until I have a FLAT stomach!

Hey, welcome :)

I'm back doing 5:2 too. I did it last year but stopped when I started marathon training just before Christmas. Marathon was on 12th April so I was straight back on the 5:2 wagon the week after! I lost 2.5 lb last week so it def works! Hoping now for a steady loss of 1lb a week to get me back down to around 8 st.

I see from your sig that you do Insanity... is it good? I started the 30 Day Shred last week and I'm on day 9 today. I was thinking of looking into something else when it finishes but the price tag of insanity puts me off!! xx

I did 30 day shred a long time ago and got good results, don't remember what the results where tho! haha..

Ill be super honest, my friend had all the dvd's to all beachbody workouts and he copied them for me to use.. no way in hell I would fork out that much money just for a workout programme.

I researched all the programmes first and decided to give T25 a go first.. its a little more lower impact and only 25 minutes a day.. I completed that and enjoyed it so much I thought I would give the original insanity a go. It definately is HARD work, but the main reason I decided to do these workouts is because I want to be able to lose weight and not have to go into a gym! (my mum is adamant she cannot lose weight unless she goes to a gym so I want to prove her wrong!)

Anywho's I completed insanity and lost around 4lbs.. and tightened up really well (lost about 2 inches of my waist and 2 inches off my thighs).

Im now on Insanity Max 30 - which is basically insanity, compacted into 30 minutes. Its a killer but I love how it goes by so quick. I literally sweat all over the floor so you feel amazing afterwards! I lost 1lb in my first week and then easter came along and I went up 7lbs :( :( :(.. hence why i decided to jump back onto the 5:2 wagon, which is going well so far.. lost the 7lbs and i'm currently at my lowest! 142lbs! yay!

How are you finding 30DS?

I'm finding it really ok actually. Looking forward to level 2 starting on thurs. I've tried it lots of times before and struggled with it so I'm really delighted at how fit I am now.

I am combining it with my usual activities of walking/running/gym/spin etc as it's easy to fit in and i'm just making it part of my daily routine for 30 days. I don't really sweat that much doing it either so doesn't necessarily mean a daily hair wash!! haha!

I only took photos on day 5 and we don't have a tape measure so no measurements yet, going to buy one this week. I think I might try her "Ripped in 30" DVD straight after as it's only £10 I think.

Are you following any plan on your other 5 days? I mainly follow SW principles for the other 5 non fast days

I did SW a very long time ago, and I lost two stone on that too (seems to b my magic number!) I started following IIFYM after i lost 4 stone last year. This is when I began weight training and my body composition completely changed. My arms and legs toned out, my butt lifted and my stomach flattened, even though there was not much weight change, I have kind of stuck to the principles of watching my macro nutrient count because I want to make sure whilst losing weight on 5:2, I tone up at the same time and doing IIFYM has been the only thing to help me with that.

IIFYM - if it fits your macros - allowing you to eat whatever you like as long as you stick within your macro nutrient goal. For me that's around 120g protein, 60g fat and 160g carbs.. in essence its just a balanced diet really!

I've kind of split my calories up so my TDEE is around 2100, I stick to 500 on fast days and around 1700 on mon, wed, fri.. allowing me around 2400 on the weekend! Allows me to indulge a little more, because im pretty good at being strict with my diet on a weekday!

If you are enjoying 30DS you will enjoy 3rd phase. Defo the phase I saw the most change! I also did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (i think thats what it was called) which was great for a high cal burn, but its a longer programme.

Where did everyone on this thread go?! Lets get this up and kicking again! I know theres still a whole bunch of 5:2ers out there and I need motivation some come on peeps!! Lets get back together!

After my first fast week after a longggggggggg break.. I STS, however my period came and bank holiday saw me eating WAY TOO MUCH! so I went up 4.6lbs, but after fast day yesterday im back down 2.5lbs! woo!!

How is everyone else doing?

I'm still here :) I just tend to update my own diary though rather than in here! Ooops!

Oh flip, sounds like we're in the same boat!! I didn't WI last Friday but had 2 successful fast days last week. My "star week" arrived too and the weekend was a complete write off. I was dead to the world apart from eating everything in sight and it's safe to say that the choices I made were not healthy ones!!!

I fasted yesterday and then I have another one planned tomorrow so hopefully I can at least STS on Fri - wishful thinking!

woo!

To be honest.. im the same.. pretty much just follow my own diary.. but the last time i was registered on here, i met so many amazing people and it really helped me along my journey, so want to do the same this time round too!

I will have to pop into your diary and say hello! Mine is on the main weight loss diary section, but want it moved to the 5:2 bit... NO idea how to do that but oh well! haha

Im hoping for a STS too! We can do this!

Back