Doing what i want

Enough

Gold Member
I'm a firm believer in doing what I want :)

Day one and I'm working out what I want...

And I think I'm probably overweight because I want to be.... so I suspect this will work if I work out why I've wanted to be overweight in the first place.. so here goes:

Comfort eating has seemed less harmful than other vices eg alcohol or gambling.. of course the reality is that it's physically harmful and I've chosen to ignore that fact.. and comfort eating is expensive but I've ignored that too..

Eating is a distraction from noticing if I'm feeling bored lonely anxious or sad .. (" if hunger isn't the problem then eating isn't the solution) .. chances are then, that failing to do something about how I'm feeling means it'll continue

Eating is enjoyable.. yes but I'm going to be able to enjoy it for the rest of my life.. just not so excessively that I'm also feeling guilty and bad about myself and generally feeling a lingering sense of failure.. i can enjoy the taste and experience AND feel good about myself :)

Eating reminds me of good times with family.. so can music or photos or.. or.. doing new fun things with new people and having a laugh

Eating is part of my identity.. something my family have always done.. yes.. but every human being eats.. there are other interesting things about me.. my family all poo but I don't think of it as primary to my character ha ha...

What else?

I eat to feel like I have enough energy to cope with the day.. being sluggish and eating too much doesn't help and picking at food through the day doesn't improve what colleagues think and doesn't help me concentrate.. I'll have more energy and focus when I'm carrying less weight around

Eating gives me energy.. hmm.. this is turning out to not be true.. bigger people have less energy.. I'll have more energy when I'm not having to use it all up on carrying my weight around

:)

Back