Dolphins' Lipotrim journey

glad to hear you're ok today! Make sure and relax and have a little chill.... the ol body needs it!

Thanks Lorraine, last night was not easy, not hungry or tempted just this awful sickness feeling which came over me. I am glad I took to bed, woke up fresh this morning.
Hope you doing well:D

Record

I want to keep a weekly record of my loss on the main page so that I can look back.

Starting Weight with Slimming World 14 st 10 Ibs Feb 2011

5th May - 90.3kg - 14 st 3 Ibs ( round numbers)

Week 1 - 87.4 kg - 13 st 11 Ibs
Week 2- 85.7 kg - 13 st 7 Ibs
Week 3- 84.1 kg - 13 st 3 Ibs
Week 4 - 82.8kg - 13 st ( round numbers)

Mini Goals:
1. Drop below 13st bracket ( early June)
2. Drop below 12st bracket (end of June)
3. Reach a healthy BMI (middle of July)
4. Refeed ( 3rd week of July)
5. Move on to Slimming World

Boots

I went to Boots this morning and got a printed weight ticket, it appears I may have lost another 4 Ibs already, this is due to increased water intake.:D

I went to Boots this morning and got a printed weight ticket, it appears I may have lost another 4 Ibs already, this is due to increased water intake.:D
Great news:D How much water have you been managing and did you get the pep tea?

Great news:D How much water have you been managing and did you get the pep tea?

My intake of water is more than 3 litres now, I am 100%. I suffer from an underactive thyroid, so I know my weight loss is not going to be that great each week but I will be happy around the 3 Ib mark.
Tanya, I forgot pep mint tea, I am heading back on Monday and will remember to buy it, I've made a note of it. Thanks for reminding me:D

dolphin10 said:
My intake of water is more than 3 litres now, I am 100%. I suffer from an underactive thyroid, so I know my weight loss is not going to be that great each week but I will be happy around the 3 Ib mark.
Tanya, I forgot pep mint tea, I am heading back on Monday and will remember to buy it, I've made a note of it. Thanks for reminding me:D

U seem to be doing really well, I liked the pep tea cold with the choc shake mixed in :)

I also have underactive thyroid and around 3lbs a week is def achievable, good luck on the rest of your journey x

U seem to be doing really well, I liked the pep tea cold with the choc shake mixed in :)

I also have underactive thyroid and around 3lbs a week is def achievable, good luck on the rest of your journey x

Thank you. I will try pep tea with choc shakes, anything to add variety. lol! I looked at your weight loss, you clocked in 3-4 Ibs on regular basis and it only took you 13 weeks to reach your goal. Well, what can I say, it's amazing. Fantastic:D

5 th week

I'm into my 5th week, I can't believe how fast the time has gone, even with not eating!!
I've got used to this routine now, 3 shakes a day, avoid any temptations, keep drinking plenty etc.
I am thinking of taking a break in July so will have to think about refeed nearer the time.
All is good for now:D

hiya... i wouldnt be rushing towards re-feed if you can help it!... To be honest im finding it tough the past few days to resist temptations..... i know its my totm soon and for a few days i could eat and eat.... will only just about manage to stay the same this week i reckon..... am defo gonna join weightwatchers tomorrow nite and get goin on that... was gonna wait till i got back from my hols... but need to get some new regime goin and get to my next goal... 21lbs..... jeez this is tough.... tfr was so much easier.... when you can have nothing that's exactly it... nothing!!! but when you can have food, the ol demons start to chat again in the ol head and its just damn hard to try and stay on track... but am feelin much more comfortable today and my appetite has calmed down a bit...... and im exercising every day now to try and keep the podge from rollin back on!!!! omg this weightloss thing is sooo hard!!! hope you're ok kiddo and doin well... good luck x

hiya... i wouldnt be rushing towards re-feed if you can help it!... To be honest im finding it tough the past few days to resist temptations..... hope you're ok kiddo and doin well... good luck x

Thank you Lorraine. I am going away towards the end of July for a week or so I will need to refeed before I set off.
Initially I was only going to do LT for a few weeks as there can be a problem about my hair. I have decided I should continue until I go away, once I leave it I will not have the motivation to do it again.
I lost weight on Cambridge Diet 20 years ago, I never ever wanted to do it again, I may feel the same about LT once I have finished with it.
I have planned to rejoin SW as soon as I start refeed, I am thinking of turning to one of the WW classes too to see which one fits better for my life style. It would be a shame to put weight on after you have worked so hard to shed it:D

I think your weekly losses are brilliant. You are doing very well. The weeks are flying by too. Six or eight weeks on it should not do too much damage to your hair. Whatever hair you do lose will grow back so don't worry too much on that score.
Keep up the good work.

4th week

Starting Weight with Slimming World 14 st 10 Ibs Feb 2011

5th May - 90.3kg - 14 st 3 Ibs ( round numbers)

Week 1 - 87.4 kg - 13 st 11 Ibs (- 6 Ibs )
Week 2- 85.7 kg - 13 st 7 Ibs (- 4 Ibs )
Week 3- 84.1 kg - 13 st 3 Ibs (- 4 Ibs )
Week 4 - 82.8kg - 13 st ( round numbers) (-3Ibs )

Mini Goals:
1. Drop below 13st bracket ( early June)
2. Drop below 12st bracket (end of June)
3. Reach a healthy BMI (middle of July)
4. Refeed ( 3rd week of July)
5. Move on to Slimming World

new ticker

5 th weigh in

I had difficulty updating my ticker.
Having lost another 3 1/2 Ibs I feel great,
lot lighter, BMI going down, leg feeling better, walking around with ease, clothes getting too big, generally everything brightening up:D

Last edited:
I think your weekly losses are brilliant. You are doing very well. The weeks are flying by too. Six or eight weeks on it should not do too much damage to your hair. Whatever hair you do lose will grow back so don't worry too much on that score.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you Molly for your kind remarks.
I must say I am feeling paranoid about my hair now. I rang the head office few days ago and spoke to Dr Somebody, he told me not to worry about my hair loss, it won't be same as a man's baldness, any lost hair will grow back once I start eating normally. He also stated that on average I should lose a stone a month and that I should stay on this diet until I reach my goal. I told him that I was thinking of doing it in phases, to which his reply was "you will find it harder second time around."
I lost my hair after each pregnancy, I can't say it all came back then an underactive thyroid did further damage thus my paranoia.
Hey, people like you really inspire me, I'm off to read your diary:D

6th week

I start my 6th week today, looking back the previous 5 weeks have gone by fast. There have been some painful moments but I have got through them.
Friday was a very testing day, our electricity went off for few hours therefore no cooking as such, the family resorted to pizzas, I had such a strong urge to eat one slice but somehow my desire to reach a healthy BMI was stronger and I resisted the temptation. I decided to go to bed early and slept it off.
Last few days have been hard again because there has been so much nice food about.:D

books

I went to my local library yesterday and came away with lots of books on diet, Atkins's deit, some books on low carbohydrates and GI. I am planning ahead, if all goes well I am staying on LT for another 5 weeks, keeping below the 3 months mark, that's when the hair loss is affected according my own research.:D

Well done on planning ahead. I think it is so important to use time in TFR to reflect on what, why and when we eat. Then work out a plan of how to maintain those TFR losses and maybe even lose a few more pounds if needed.
Enjoy your reading.

I had a hard time yesterday, felt too lethargic to do much. I nearly caved in,
I am into my 6th week I do not wish to ruin it with one blip, the urge to eat was really strong, had I not gone to my mum's place, I would have regretted my actions.
I felt proud of myself for resisting the temptation. Needless to say I went to bed early, once the alarm is on, I don't go downstairs, another way of controlling the urge to eat.:D

Well done on resisting temptation. Cravings can hit you out of the blue but you will feel so good when you resist.
Have a good day today.

Back