Donkey to Unicorn

Imaunicorn

Afternoon fellow slimmers!

I am a newbie to the site and have created this diary to keep me on track. I joined SW online about 4 months ago and have been following at home. I'm 11st 6lb (as of last Thursday) and I want to be 10st. I am 5ft 7 so think this is about right?! To be honest I just wanna slim down and lost the muffin top and bingo wings, I will feel I'm at target when I am happy in my skin again!

I managed to lose almost half a stone but in the last two weeks have put every single lb back on. While I don't like to use the fact that I have PCOS as an excuse for my weight gain it definitely makes it harder for me to lose and easier to gain. But that's OK as I know as long as I stay on track that I can do it. I been researching recently the effect of gluten on PCOS sufferers and there is a lot to be said for going gluten and dairy free according to this research. Right now I feel more comfortable with the slimming world plan but I think I will gradually try to reduce my gluten intake and use this diary to track the effect of this.

I am having an awful couple of weeks food wise right now as I'm in the middle of moving my life out of London to Berkshire so there are endless leaving drinks/dinners/lunches. Which is awesome but eating out is my weakness!

The comfort is that after next Wednesday I will no longer be in London to be tempted out so I will be much more in control. When I don't eat out I eat really well 90% of the time, I am lucky that my boyfriend is more than happy to eat SW meals and cook them for me too!

I am training for a 10km in September and I am on week 5 of the couch to 10km app in preparation for this, in addition I go horse riding for 1-2 hours each weekend and help out on the yard and also when my job moves there is a bootcamp class once a week in the community hall next to my flat which I plan to go to because I won't be commuting over 2 hours EACH WAY!

So here goes!

Today so far has been good-ish.

Breakfast was a gluten-free M&S BLT sandwich (I was late and on the move)

Lunch was a potato and ham salad with LOADS of speed and a bit of light mayo (4syns)

Snacks have been a tomato and herb mug shot and some melon.

Tonight I am staying with my bessie, we are going to cook (not sure what yet - will try to steer healthy!) and drink wine so I will be over syns. This has been planned for ages so going to allow myself this one knowing that after next week I will be a recluse!

Rest of the week looks like:

Weds Lunch: Wagamama - loads of good free foods to be had here
Weds Dins: Jacket potato beans and cheese

Thurs Lunch: Homemade salad
Thurs Dins: SW Beef Curry from freezer stores

Fri Lunch: Homemade Salad
Fri Dins: Out with friends but I get to choose the restaurant so will look up now, thinking italian so I can have arrabiatta pasta with chicken or something

Will plan out the weekend tomorrow!

Hi, here to follow :) Eating out is my weakness too! I hate cooking and prepping and thinking what to eat all the time so I love going and choosing from a menu and not washing up afterwards! I'm being good this week though cuz am out with work tomorrow which is going to be good but very synful!

Good luck!

Back