Don't feel much different

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
I've been on the diet since end of January now, and to be honest apart from my clothes feeling a bit looser I don't actually feel much difference in myself. When I look in the mirror I see myself as the same when i was 1.9 stone heavier. People tell me they can see the difference but I really can't!! Has anyone else felt like this, or is it just me?!

yep!
think it just takes a while to get your head around.took me about 4 stones to notice a proper difference.can see it now though.
your eyes and brain have got to take in the new person it now sees.
you will get there soon hun and feel so proud of how different you look x

Funnily enough we were talking about this at the meeting tonight, I have lost over 9 stone in total over the last few years, yet when I look in the mirror I still see myself before my weight loss, not sure that will ever change. Someone else in the class says she still sees herself as the 8 stone she was when she was 18 and not the 3 stone heavier she is now...I guess we all just see ourselves differently. Im not sure that mine will ever change, my only way of knowing my great loss is the difference in clothes sizes!

I can't tell that much difference!! There's definitely less of a spare tyre present when I sit down, and I feel more of a waist and a very slightly flatter tum when I stand up, but that's really about it! Yes I've dropped almost 2 dress sizes, but I honestly can't see what other people can!! Weird psychology!!X

I think it's because we dont see the dramatic changes whereas other people who don't see you all the time notice the changes.
That amount of weight would have made significant changes but we always want more.....typical hey
I take pictures from front and side view every month and it does really help to show the changes.
x

Get someone to take some photographs of you. Same clothes, say once a month.

You don't ever get an accurate image of yourself in a mirror.

a lot of people dont notice any hcange until their club10. i certainly didnt feel different from when i was at my heaviest until club10 now im back to my biggest again and i tell you i feel ALOT different to before!!

The only difference I can see with myself is my mobility. I can push myself further and actually want to exercise these days. As for physical appearance I still feel the same, although I know that my clothes have gone from a 28-30 to a 16.

oh i'm glad it's not just me!! people keep telling me i look good and they can tell etc, but apart from my jeans bagging around my bum, i can't really tell! hopefully it'll notice more once i've lost a bit more :)

I dont feel any different yet but as im losing it nice and slowly i supose i get use to it lb by lb rather than just seeing me before and then 7lb lighter.

A girl in my office came up to me today and said i look like the weights fallen off this week :) I had a bad weekend so that was quite a boost!!

xx

I actually felt like this this morning! I have lost excatly 1 and half stone. I feel completely rubbish, feel really down and the more and more I think about it I don't think I have lost any weight this week and that is really depressing. When I look in the mirror I notice that I don't look like I am pregnant any more!..and I don't have a third chin anymore...other than that not much else. I suppose this is why everyone is drawn to the quick diets to see quick results...
Ah well as my mother tells me 'Stacie your 23 now you should be able to snap yourself out of these moods!' :p

I actually felt like this this morning! I have lost excatly 1 and half stone. I feel completely rubbish, feel really down and the more and more I think about it I don't think I have lost any weight this week and that is really depressing. When I look in the mirror I notice that I don't look like I am pregnant any more!..and I don't have a third chin anymore...other than that not much else. I suppose this is why everyone is drawn to the quick diets to see quick results...
Ah well as my mother tells me 'Stacie your 23 now you should be able to snap yourself out of these moods!' :p

Please re read this Stacie! You've lost 1.5 stone! youve lost 21 of these...

P11460.jpg

thats not to be sniffed at! Also you dont look like your pregnant anymore! I cant wait to be able to say this!

You're doing really well hun! xx

I know, I just have to be more positive and stop beating myself up! will find out Friday morning...just hate having to wait until friday, would be excatly the same on any other day, but feel like I have to wait forever lol x x

I know, I just have to be more positive and stop beating myself up! will find out Friday morning...just hate having to wait until friday, would be excatly the same on any other day, but feel like I have to wait forever lol x x

I have a Monday WI and it always seems to come round to quick!! It does help to keep me in check over the weekend though! lol

Good luck with your WI xx

Thanks, hopefully it will be fine!... even if its not I am gonna try and just put it behind me and just get on with the next week x x x x

Back