don't know what to do...i feel torn

slimmer2moro

Hi everyone, i'm due for my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and think i've lost another 7lbs taking me to the 1st stone...which i am elated about. I have another 5 stone to lose, i am really struggling with it i really miss eating, i keep thinking about going back to slimming world even tho i know the weight losses are'nt as much altho it appears lookin at different posts the weight loss seems to slow down after the first few weeks anyway?? I am incredibly grumpy with my two little ones that makes me feel bad. I seem torn between the health benefits of getting this excess weight off asap so i can enjoy my family and join in all the things that they do...and enjoy meal times with them again. My eldest (6) had noticed that i am not eating which i worry about. I have been having the odd mouthfulls of food since day one and have managed to leave it at that and it's kind of kept me going this long. Also to mention we have alot of social occasions comin up and a holiday, your experience and advice would be very much appreciated ladies xxx:confused:

Hi Slimmer

Sorry to hear you are finding it difficult....my initial reaction was to stay, stick with it, blah, blah, blah..but when I read again, I think you have already kinda made your decision. I dont think your head and your heart is in it..yes, you would like the weight off quickly, and it is quick with LT, but it still takes time sweetie.

I personally think you need to decide and go with your decision. Maybe you are just not at the stage yet where food doesnt figure in your life...and you know, that is fine...

I just know that LT is tough, but I want to lose the weight quickly, and then keep it off...but we are all made differently.

If you think it is affecting your kids as well, then start to look very closely at what you really want to achieve and when/how.

I hope this helps and goes some way to help you make your decision.

If I have picked up the wrong vibes, then please accept my apology, as I dont want to offend.

Take care

thankyou scotsmist, your reply has certainly helped...i'm going to give it another week and try to get down into the next stone as it's a while since i've been there and consider where i am then...thanks again xx

You are welcome Slimmer.
I remember my first week...gosh it was hard and about day 3 a very good friend told me this was wrong and that I needed to come off it....she is a professor in cancer care, so has a scientific background....well, I went home and just cried. I honestly thought of just coming off it, but deep down it was like an excuse as i just didnt believe I could do this.

A few days after at the pharmacist I said to the girl that I would maybe just stick to it for another week, see how I feel!!!! hahah....week 10 now :)

What kept me going was the amount of weight I lost and how quickly......I used to go to Rosemary Conley and luckily I still have my cards for weight loss.....it took me approx 1 year to lose what I have lost now!!!!!!!! Seriously......so, that is why I take it a week at a time, but I just think it is the best thing and decision I have ever made in my life.

I do think you will make the right decision for YOU..no one else.

Take care

I think you're doing the right thing, give it another week and see how you go, you've done really well loosing so much already.
This board is great for posting and questioning and people are very honest and open with their answers and help.
The fact you posted means that you are having a proper thin about it, not just making a spur of the moment decision.

Good Luck x

Hiya slimmer2moro

Ive been talking to you on facebook and you seemed really happy with the weight you were losing and seem so positive about the diet. I fully understand your feelings though, im only on day 4 and im missing food times with the family, it really gets me down that I cant sit and chat with them as I dont have the willpower to sit there with my shake, also my little girl is nearly 6 and keeps talking to me about not eating.

I think another week is a good idea and then see how you feel then, im just going to take it week by week and hope that I can just keep going and shift a few stone and then maybe il find it easier to diet, when i have got out of the craving for rubbish food, i think il find it easier to just eat healthy and hopefully not overeat.

Youve done so well but you need to do what is best for you x x

Hi,
hope you are still with us and finding it easier today. I have 3 small boys 7, 5, and 2. I have been on this for 10 weeks now. I explained it to them and said I would like to lose weight so I can do the things they would like to do, swimming etc which I won't do at the weight I am now. Children accept what their parent tells them as being true and there is no more questioning about it. I make their meals, hand out treats. They see me cook for extended family and visitors without a problem. They also see a happier, contented mother who does not grumble about what doesn't fit her.
You have to look at why you are doing this, what is your motivation. Mine is for health and to be around for my children in the years to come. I have told people on here before that my husband died 9 months ago and my children are terrified I will get sick some day and something terrible will happen to me too. Because of that I decided to do LT, to ensure I get into a healthy weight bracket and then work at maintaining it from then on. That is my motivation, what is yours? Once you find that you will get strength from it and this diet will become easier. I wish you all the best in what you decide is best for you.
Doirin

I was the same Friday really bored then sat through a family lunch Saturday and a family Dinner yesterday and it was hard, I could have ate the left overs that I was dishing up to the dog haha it smelt so yum.

But i know down the line I will feel much worse if I look at myself in a few weeks thinking I came off it and put on weight or was the same and no more loses, I would feel awful thinking how much lighter I could have been at this stage if I stuck with it...

I live on my own so find it much easier with nothing in the fridge but I do find it hard when other people are around me and eating or if they are staying and I am making food so I totally understand where your coming from...

Just try think do you feel worse now or will you feel worse if you go off it and put on the weight you loss or dont lose much more with picking at different foods...

but as the others said it is totally up to yourself because i know how hard it is for me and everything else too...

If I was you I would try stick with it till your hols even and then refeed before hand.

good luck with it xx

I think that Lipotrim is initially very hard to do, but when the fast results and the lack of hunger kicks in, it becomes the easiest diet in the world, and believe me when I tell you I have tried everything, including being a SW consultant and the weight just crept on even then!!!! If you tell your children you are eating your food in a drink formula, they may understand that a little better. I HAD to lose weight to be at at my healthiest level, as I have volunteered a kidney to my younger brother. Sheer vanity didn't do it for me, as my OH loves me regardless, he met me when I was over 14 stones. As you can see, Lipotrim appears to have re-educated my eating habits for the better. My BP and Cholesterol are now normal so all I can say is give it 100% for at least another week to see if you feel differently, please do not pick as you will prevent ketosis and will always feel hungry. Best of luck.

By the way I do tell my neice that my stomach was sore and the doctor asked me to try these for awhile to see can it help with it... she is only 10 so dont want her knowing anything like this... she does just laugh now and offer me stuff because she knows I am not eating it lol

I think the support on this is fantastic, and am so pleased you have decided to try another week - I am finding it hard to, but will try to keep going. I feel better when I see that there comes a time when the hunger is not so all consuming!!! Here's wishing you all the best x x

Sounds to me, from your first post that you have made up your mind. You can't do LT if you're heart's not in it - it's just too straight down the line, no grey areas, no blurring.

Only you can decide but it sounds like you're talking yourself into Slimming World - but good luck with week 2 on LT and i wish you all the very best with it :):)

:thankyou:Thankyou all so much for the advice and support...it really is a great place to come!
I had my 2nd weigh in and i must admit i felt great to have lost a whole stone in just 2 weeks. I've purchased another week and intend to follow thru then refeed as of next week, just one week before i go on hols...then see where i'm at once i return...thanks again xxxx

Don't pick tho, it's eating food that makes you hungrier, it says so in the literature. It knocks you out of ketosis and you don't get the benefit. Its too expensive to cheat so I hope you can do it. Good luck : )

great result :) that whole stone gone is a greatfeeling - remember that as you continue on the weight loss journey :) take care!

Back