Don't lose weight? :-(

nicki303

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts or advice...

I just can't seem to lose weight anymore. I did a meal replacement VLCD a few years ago & lost a couple of stone in 6 weeks, kept most of it off for a year then all of a sudden started piling it all on again. I gained over 2 stone in a few months.

Since then nothing works. I tried the same meal replacement but despite being restricted to under 600 calories, I only lost a couple of lbs in the 1st week then plateaued.

Decided to try WW as I thought it would be healthier... I have been eating healthily for a week and nothing! I've eaten a banana, fat free natural yoghurt & berries for breakfast, lean ham & a small amount of low fat cottage cheese with salad for lunch & meat & veg for dinner, just drinking water & black coffee.

What am I doing wrong?? I know I need to give it more of a chance & I will but it seems that whatever I try, I need to diet strictly just to maintain & if I eat 'normally' I pile it on far too quickly. I have 3.5 st to lose & can't see how I'll ever get there at this rate!

Does anyone have any thoughts on why I don't lose or any advice?

Thanks in advance

Xx

Hi Nicki - you need to eat all your daily points and at least some of your weeklies otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and you wont lose weight. Just give it a go and you should be pleasantly surprised. Its not feasible to live on very little food and you also need to vary your diet or you just wont stick to it.

Have you set up a food diary? If not, set one up, post your food diaries and you will get all the help you need. Please feel free to ask any questions you want but you really need to stick to your points as these have been worked out for us to lose 1-2lbs a week. Keep us all posted on how you are getting on and good luck

Hi Seadie

Thanks so much for the reply... I seem to have lost 3lbs overnight so am feeling a lot more positive this morning!

I was tracking using the filling & healthy plan but think you're right in ensuring I eat enough so I am going to track using points from now.

I will stick at it as I'm sure it will have to shift eventually, even if it's slower than I'd like! :)

Xx

Back