DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN......

Fuzzys Angel

The Lovely James Hetfield
......People, mainly men in my experience ignore when you're fat then up you're ar*e & creep around you when you're slim.

Here are a couple of examples:

1. I see this guy very regular a (street cleaner) infact i've seen him almost every couple of days for about 3 years. Every day he'd go about his business doing his job never taking a second glance at anyone. But over the past few months when i see him he looks up with that creepy smile & creepy voice & says hello. To be polite i just return the smile & march on but now he is trying to have a conversation with me!!!!! Now why couldn't he have a conversation with me when i was fat??

2. The porters at work. At night many patients go down to xray or theater, i usually go with them & the porter. Once again, when i was fat i'd try to have a conversation with whichever porter was on duty (as it's a long walk through underground & overhead tunnels) but i just used to get the grunts & groans, they obviuosly wasn't interesting in talking to me. Now i'm slim it's a different story up on the ward they come to collect a patient 'hey Mandi come on, you're coming ain't yer'?. Why do they feel the need to speak to me now. If i'm outside having a sneaky smoke they'd come & chat to me. My personality hasn't changed at all, i'm the same person now as i was then! just less of me!!!!

I could go on but the stories will be very much the same.

DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN..........A FAT PERSON IS TREATED LIKE SH!T & IT TAKES US TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE NOBODYS GIVE US ANY KIND OF RESPECT!!!!!

(i do hope no one is offended by the word fat, i just making a point & don't intend to upset anyone)

I'm sure many of you have experienced the same type of things since losing your weight & you lovely people that are still on your journey.....Wait & see it WILL happen to you.

I'd love to hear other peoples stories......xxxx

I went out with this guy S. for a week when I was 15st .... he wasn't for me and mutually we agreed not to get romantically involved. He was (I thought) a nice guy, so kept in touch as mates every now and then. Started going out with someone else ... a yr later I'd lost 4stone and gone from a size 22/20 to a size 12/14. Saw S. again over this period of time and he made appreciative comments. Then I split with that partner, and shortly afterwards met Phil. When S. found out I had split with my then partner he said i should have contacted him as now I WAS SLIM IT MIGHT WORK BETWEEN US!!!! Cheeky b***er!! Anyway that was the end of that friendship!!

Yes Mandi I found that too, but with a different group of people
The mums in the school yard!
I found when I was fat and neglecting myself they didn't speak at all. Now they all want to know my weight loss secret!
I put up for months with sniggering behind my back and finger pointing cos of my weight. On Tuesday when my daughter went back to school I turned up in skinny jeans and they were all 'woah! what happened to you? you look fab and love the hair!!!'
Like you my personality hasn't changed, they were just too shallow to get to know me when I was fat and maybe if they had I would not have gotten so fat!

Haven't had the "skinny" experience yet.... but remember being in a certain trendy shoe shop with my much slimmer friend last year - I was interested in buying a pair of shoes and one of the shop assistants approached every customer in the shop except me!! I refused to buy from them as it was blatantly obvious they didn't think a fat person should be in their shop!

Living your before experience, can't wait to be the after and be able to put two fingers up to those who have ignored me and will now doubt suddenly want to hold a conversation. It's so shallow. xx

I dont't think we should be surprised by this. It is a known fact that perceptions of beauty vary from society to society and in our society slim is beautiful!!!

We don't see chubbies on the covers of style magazines or in adverts (unless it's a joke or it involves someone who is rich but "proud of their curves" - don't you just hate that term?!) and it is generally accepted that clothes look better on those who are not overweight. And I for one think that this is true - I certainly look better now.

Just look at the numbers of shops that cater to the needs of slimmer women compared to those that cater for 'the larger lady' (another yuk term!!).

We live in a society that reveres the slimmer figure and, after all, if we haven't already accepted and internalized this fact why are we putting ourselves through such extreme diets in order to join the 'beautiful people'?

So I think you should enjoy the attention but just continue to ignore those you would have ignored before - at least you can be true to yourself.

(Well done, by the way - keep up the good work!)

Hi everyone,

This is so true!

I knew a guy for a several years and saw him every few weeks and we were always good friends and I thought we knew each other quite well. At the time I was about 3 stones overweight. Then I caught typhoid and lost 2 stones quickly and suddenly he was all over me and kept asking me out. As we already knew each other well this was only about my weight loss.

As if I would go out with someone so shallow.

If you ever watch Maury he does shows where 2 people go for the same job interview or whatever. One is very pretty and slim and done up well, the other is not. It is amazing how male interviewers will offer the job to the pretty, slim one immediately even though they are not as qualified or experienced. Sucks.

Back