Donut’s Diary

Donut-Donut

Day 4 of Exante Total Solution today - except it ended up not being TS because I went out for lunch.

Honeycomb shake for breakfast - I liked that one but it was a little sweet.
Lunch was KFC with a friend - probably the worst of all fast food places, but it had been preplanned and I didn’t want to bail on her. I just ordered 3 pieces of chicken and removed all the coating so i’m classing that as pretty angelic all things considered.
Dinner was Ham, Mushroom & Pasta Soup - I have finally found a soup that I ❤️. It smelled a bit cheesey at first, but it tasted nice, the texture was soupy instead of sludgy and the tiny pasta pieces are a lovely bonus.

All in all, this week has been ok! I haven’t felt as hungry today but I’m very nervous for the weekend.

Scales are already showing a lovely big 7lb loss. I know it’s all water weight but it’s motivating all the same 😆

Day 5 today.
Struggled a bit today tbh.
I keep seeing pictures of food on social media and it’s really tested my resolve! I’ve taken my “before” pictures today and they are awful, I may print them out and put them on my wardrobe for thinspiration!

Breakfast: Vanilla Shake blended with lots of ice - really yummy I don’t understand why so many people don’t like this one.

Lunch: Cookies & Cream Shake. Less impressed with this one but it was OK.

Not had my last pack yet. It’s supposed to be vegetable soup, but I think I might swap and have the Thai chicken instead.

Hope all the other Exantians are having a great day!

EDIT: The Thai soup is lovely!

Last edited:
I like the word "Exantian"! I want to lose weight a bit faster so I decided to stick to TS for a few weeks if I can. I had three shakes and a bar today as it was cold outside and I have been busy. I may do the same tomorrow but am hoping to cut it down to three products a day very soon. I have ordered some veg curries and puds so that will really help I think. I m going to have my next weigh in on November 1st.

For some reason yesterday’s update got stuck waiting for moderation, so I’ll have to do two in one 😀

Day 6 (Sunday)

Good day today, started out a bit hungry but to be honest it passed pretty quickly and I actually had the energy to clean my house for the first time in weeks (I know, I’m a total slob!). The clocks went back today and I kind of like it when the nights start to draw in and I can light all the candles in the house and snuggle up on the sofa.

Breakfast: Chocolate Shake mixed with iced coffee
Lunch: Cookies & Cream Shake
Dinner: Vegetable Soup - great apart from the peas

I’m really enjoying the freedom of not worrying about what to eat. There’s no obsessing over recipes, no prepping, no weighing, measuring or portioning. I just shake up a shake or soup and I’m done.

Day 7 Monday

Struggled with water today so I feel a bit of a headache coming on.
Spent most of the afternoon trying to avoid a beautiful Carrot & Ginger cake my boss had made **sigh**

Breakfast: Cherries & Berries Shake
Lunch: Thai Chicken Soup - still struggling with making the soups at work. Took a little whisk today and I still didn’t get rid of the lumps. The only successful method seems to be shaking, but I’ve been trying to keep my diet quiet and that would make it really obvious.
Dinner: Honeycomb Shake

Weigh in tomorrow, eek 😂

Found you :)

The bars and the Dahl pots are good for more subtle work meals. I had sweet and sour noodles yesterday too and the were OK in microwave.

Good luck with weigh in, you're doing great so far!

Hi Zed, thanks for dropping by 😀
I’m not sure I fancy the hot food packs, the reviews are very mixed and the pics i’ve seen were pretty gross.
I think i’ll Stick to soups and just try and plan my trip to the kitchen better lol

Thanks for the encouragement xx

Weigh In Day ... drumroll please

-14.5lbs🤩
Seriously! A stone in a week!
I know rationally that at least 7 - 10lbs of this is water/glycogen, but it’s still unbelievable!

Preparing myself for the slump in week 2 but determined to stick with it!

Grr! Just as I think I am totally in control I found out today that we are all booked at a BBQ place for lunch tomorrow. I can’t get out of it and have ordered a meal. Just going to eat and then hopefully get back on track on Thursday. It will kick me out of Ketosis for sure so Thursday is going to be a tough day :-(

Hello fellow Exantians, day 9 update - although it wasn’t exactly an “on plan” day!

I was really light-headed first thing, when I realised that in the grumpiness/worry of realising that I had to go out to lunch today, I didn’t eat my third pack yesterday. 400 calories is waaay too little ... but don’t worry, I made up the difference today!

Breakfast: Strawberry Shake
Lunch: Texas BBQ Restaurant with work where I ate inhaled 6 BBQ Chicken Wings with fries. I’m not even going to guesstimate the calories! 🍟🍗🍟🍗🍟🍗
Dinner: Based on lunch, I thought it might be best to skip dinner 🤣

Back on TS tomorrow!

I accidentally did the 400cal thing. Morning after was dreadful!
Hope you've been OK for the rest of the week! I recon I'd have someone's arm for bbq chicken right now!

Day 12 (I think) and I’m struggling.

I’ve had bellyache, diarrhoea and constipation since last night. I’m so uncomfortable and in pain that I’ve not moved from the sofa all day (except to go to the loo). I daren’t eat anything until the constipation passes so I’ve just been sat drinking water all day.

Total wasted day!
I’m reading that constipation is common on exante, and as it’s something that for various reasons causes me particular problems, this may mean I have to pack in the diet.

Will see how I feel tomorrow!

Weigh In Day ... drumroll please

-14.5lbs🤩
Seriously! A stone in a week!
I know rationally that at least 7 - 10lbs of this is water/glycogen, but it’s still unbelievable!

Preparing myself for the slump in week 2 but determined to stick with it!
That’s absolutely fantastic! Well done xxx

Day 14 ... still here

I spent all weekend feeling dreadful, but I’ve not given up yet.
Vanilla Almond shake for breakfast, vegetable soup for lunch and i’m just having a cookies and cream shake in bed.

I don’t really understand how I can be so good on such a super strict diet, even when it’s causing me to feel ill, but I can’t begin to stick to a calorie count, syns or points!! I must be crazy!

Second week weigh in ... lost 2.5lbs.
Really happy with that considering I ate real food twice and ended up so ill.

Day 15
Almond & Vanilla Shake
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with added “slim rice” for the extra fibre.
Ham, mushroom and pasta soup.

Day 16
Almond Vanilla Shake for breakfast
I had a challenging day at work, and I couldn’t face having another lumpy soup for lunch, so I went off plan and had a high protein yogurt and some raspberries - quite high in carbs, but the raspberries are also high in fibre which balances it off a bit. I also had a can of Coke Zero, which felt like a total treat. Bizarrely, according to MFP it was 213 cals, 22g protein and 17g net carbs (27g carbs-10g fibre) - I don’t think that’s too far off an exante pack really 😃
My third ‘meal’ was a honeycomb shake.

I’m finding it fascinating that I don’t feel that hungry on this diet.
Don’t get me wrong, I definitely do feel hungry when I realise that it’s breakfast or lunchtime or whatever, but I’ve been dieting on and off for 15-20years and every day was spent desperately waiting for the next meal or snack. I’m not feeling like that at all. I’m finding the lack of food choices quite liberating and I’m surprised how easily I’ve adapted to Just 600 calories a day - I would never have believed I could do it!

Day 16
Ha! I spoke too soon yesterday. Today I’m hungry 🤣
I’m also really struggling with the soups. It’s just impossible to make them at work without them being lumpy, so I only managed about 3/4 of my lunch! Then this evening I tried adding slim noodles to the Thai soup and that was just gross! So I gave up and made scrambled eggs instead.

Yesterday I could imagine doing this diet forever, today I’m struggling not to run into the kitchen and eat the massive bag of kettle chips that I know are there.

It’s not helped that the 4 super skinny 20-somethings that I work with have spent all day trying to feed me cake, biscuits, sweets and, oddly, chicken. I only caved in to the chicken :) but there is team cake planned for tomorrow.

I need a loss this week, but week 3 is supposed to be a slow week.

Off to have a bath 🛁

Wow! So I didn’t just fall off the wagon on Friday, I took a long run up and did a triple somersault before landing on my fat ass!

Those kettle chips ... gone 😖, along with a whole load of other stuff I’d rather not go into!

So I decided that Saturday would be a food day, and I had toast, bacon & eggs for breakfast, a noodle soup for lunch and steak, broccoli and mushrooms for dinner - nowhere near what I would normally eat on a Saturday, but a lot more calories than three exante shakes! I was shocked at the steak calories!!!

Line drawn, back on track today:
Breakfast: strawberry shake
Lunch: Chicken & Leek soup
Dinner: pasta, ham and mushroom soup

Feeling hungry this evening, but i’m Determined to lose at least another stone before I give up!

Back