DR being informed

I have read it and the sticky but my brain cant seem to grasp anything! Information overload I think. I will re-read it thanks for replying

Yes, your CDC should inform your doctor when you do SS.

It's not asking permission. Dr doesn't have to sign anything. Just has a standard letter telling dr that you are doing it.

You don't have to do anything, just give the name and address of your Dr to your CDC and the CDC does the rest :)

Hi, Looking at your BMI, you shouldn't be on SS, you should be on the 810 plan. Check with your CDC.

You are absolutely correct if your BMI is less than 1 stone over BMI25 which normally is around BMI27 you cannot start on less than 810.

Greenygirl you need to contact your CDC as you are about to start the incorrect programme for your BMI

Thanks everyone- this is the plan my CDC sugested and when I asked her at this week WI about going up the plans she said to stay on SS untill I reach target- YIKES very different to the general opinion on here.

Thanks everyone- this is the plan my CDC sugested and when I asked her at this week WI about going up the plans she said to stay on SS untill I reach target- YIKES very different to the general opinion on here.

I find that info is really up to date on here. Perhaps you could get your CDC to contact Cambridge, or point her to this forum?

I will definatly tell her about here- its a great site, loads of information and everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Thanks loads

Hi greenygirl. Like you, I have little weight to lose as I was just slightly under BMI 25. My CDC advised me that the lowest step I could start on was 810.

VLCDs can be bad for your health if you don't have much weight to lose. Step 2 (810kcals) is an LCD as opposed to a VLCD.

If you cannot get hold of your counsellor to discuss this immediately you should increase your daily calorie intake by having a meal as well as your 3 x CD meal replacements. Your CD should've given you a book which tells you what you can eat on the 810 plan. It's a choice of a certain weight of skinless chicken/white fish or cottage cheese with 3 tablespoons of green/white veg or salad (not root veg). You also get to have a certain amount of skimmed milk.

Don't worry, the losses can still be good if you don't cheat and drink plenty of water. I'm on day 4 of 810 and have already shed 7lbs.

Good luck.
Xx

Thanks all- I did ask her on friday if I should move up from SS as my BMI was 26 now but her advice was to stay on SS untill I reached target I asked her twice (In different ways) she did suggest I add in protein on teh days I weight train.

Going to take your advice and move up - I will admit I came on here befor I saw my CDC and was told that was the plan she would put me on so that is what I expected to start with but because my BMI was 27 and I have 21lb to lose she said SS was teh plan for me and to stay on it till target.

I have had a chicken breast today - no skin or added anything was lovely- but I wasnt hungry- no more lightheaded feeling so must have needed it. Again thanks all for the input- I will tell my CDC I am doing 810 plan.

Thanks all- I did ask her on friday if I should move up from SS as my BMI was 26 now but her advice was to stay on SS untill I reached target I asked her twice (In different ways) she did suggest I add in protein on teh days I weight train.

Going to take your advice and move up - I will admit I came on here befor I saw my CDC and was told that was the plan she would put me on so that is what I expected to start with but because my BMI was 27 and I have 21lb to lose she said SS was teh plan for me and to stay on it till target.

I have had a chicken breast today - no skin or added anything was lovely- but I wasnt hungry- no more lightheaded feeling so must have needed it. Again thanks all for the input- I will tell my CDC I am doing 810 plan.

As your BMi was 27 it was okay for you start on SS, however, you should have moved to SS+ at around 25.5 in order to prepare you to go onto 810 at BMI 25. Everyone must be on 810 at BMI 25 in line with government recommendations and company policy.

Technically you could stay on 810 right down to BMI 20 if European or BMI 18.5 if Asian. However, in order to move through all the stabilation steps onto maintenance its best to start introducing the other steps at around BMI 22 or 20.5 to allow the correct time at each step. This can vary a little from person to person.

What is your target BMI?

Do you have the yellow Weight Care with Cambridge Booklet, if not ask your CDC for one.

I started SS on monday 1st and saw CDC on friday for 1st WI cause of my work schedule. She said my BMI was 26 and to continue with SS. I see her again week monday. Will ask for the yellow book then.

The BMI calculator on the cambridge website puts my target at 22.1 so still a way to go have another 15lb to lose. Lost 6 from start day to WI.

Again thanks all for the input. I will call my CDC monday and let her know what I have decided.

I moved to 810 (from SS+) when I hit BMI 25 adn was told I could stay on that until goal, but best to move up the plans to get used to 'normal' eating again. On 810 I can have:

3 CD meals
340ml (12 fl oz) skimmed milk
3 tablespoons veg/salad (green leaves, celery, cucumber, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus - long list)
1 protein option (below)

Protein options
250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (2% fat)
175g chicken breast/turkey breast (no skin)
275g white fish fillet e.g. cod, haddock
260g canned tuna in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak
275g quorn pieces/mince

Back