DREAM DRESS/ CLOTHES

wanna_be_slim

hi all
for motivation and support, just wanted to know if we all write what we would love to wear after we've lost our weight and are at the weights that we desire.
it could be your dream dress or jeans or anything that you really long to wear and have not be able to.
mine are:
1) a pair of skinny jeans size 10-12 from river island.
2) a fitted top size 10-12 from river island.
3) a little black dress size 10 from a designer shop.

what are yours????
:p:p:):):)

OMG that's a hard one, to be able to walk into a normal shop or a little botique. finding it hard to imagine me in anything tight fitting(i don't mean to0 smalll tight fitting) don't know what my style is anymore as have had to put up with fat clothes for soooo long LOL Good post!!

Fab post, boy you got me thinking now!!

My first goal was to not be able to fit in the clothes at Evans. The size 14 jeans & trousers from there are very loose so I'm very happy with that! It does feel weird going past that shop into New Look or something.

I bought a pair of size 16 jeans from new look 2 weeks ago but couldnt even attempt to do them up so was really disheartened at first but I'm wearing them now and I can put them on without undoing the button fly! They just slip on and off!

I think my ultimate would be to go into somewhere like Karen Millen and choose a really nice party frock.

I realise now though I can't just go in and get a size off the peg and say "that'll do" because sizes in all shops are different and whilst I can wear a size 14 skirt in Dorothy Perkins I doubt I could wear a size 14 skirt in Top Shop.

Its all an incredible emotional rollercoaster this. I never ever beleived I would be sat wearing a baggy size 14 t shirt and very loose size 16 jeans.

Roll on (or should I say off) the next stone!!

Yes, very interesting post indeed.
Mine would be one of the long summer dresses from Long tall sally (I am 5 ft 10) in size 10 or even 12. I always wanted one of their long dreamy party gowns for Christmas and one of their trouser suits for work.
In the meantime, not having to shop at Ann Harvey/Evans and Box2 will do me as an interim goal!

Oh I would have to think about this. Like all bigger people, to be able to shop anywhere, will be exciting ;) but ultimately I would say jeans, t-shirt, and a nice fitted jacket. And rollerskates/blades instead of shoes lol I loved rollerskating! So life really will begin for me at 40 (june 2011). x

hi ya love the post, well my dream outfit wud be skinny jean , actually if i am honest any jeans, i have never wore jeans even as a child so i crave them and i did try some on i evans but looked like two fat sausages stuff in to a inner tube!! oh and knee high boots with a platform and a zip heaven forbid,skirts that dont have to touch the floor to hide my hideous legs, and a swim suit when i go spain so not much as you can see xxx

hey i have actually had an idea in my head about something id looove to wear and its actually for halloween. im planning on dressing in a hooters waitress costume lol i have great lets and a good chest so i just need rid of the belly. it may sound mad but i just really want to do it lol

yeah Halloween costume would be something I am working towards too, my boyfriends birthday is halloween and every year we host the party, everyone comes fancy dress and I always feel like the whale!! all the nice costumes only come in small sizes!!

normal cloths would be ...... jeans and a tight t-shirt simply because even as a teenager I wanted to wear this simply outfit but couldnt because of a muffin top.

fingers crossed i get my chance!!

Wow what a thinker....I have been virtual clothes shopping when in town looking for stuff for my daughter, i would love to be able to wear a nice pair of shorts and a lovely floaty summer top without looking like the japanese whaling fleet are coming to get me!
I have my brothher in laws wedding coming up in June and have my eye on a stunning retro dress (halter neck with polka dots and netting under the skirt) 50's style to wear so thats my mini goal at the monent the biggest they do is a size 18, I am a 24ish at the monent so fingers crossed!
Elaine x

ooooh a nice pair of fitted bootcut Jeans, and a dress from oasis I have already seen it and am going to get it when I hit goal,

And nice underwear, and a tankini, not too bothered about the size anymore because as many of you have said it all depends on the brand, I know when I am at a healthy BMI I will be able to walk in to any normal shop and wear something in there. I have booked a trip to see friends in England when I am done in May, Primark here I come :]

I saw my friend at christmas time wearing a gorgeous jumper dress, black leggings and knee high boots and since then that has been my goal outfit .... even if they're out of fashion by the time i get there!!!! lol. I just want to be wearing something lovely this christmas! loved this post by the way!!!

i wanna get back into size 8-10 and my goal outfit that i picture myself in is a ed hardy white t-shirt and a pair of true religion skinny jeans:rolleyes:

Having been at my goal recently, there are a few things I want to fit back into that I was very excited to fit into the first time!

But, I also bought this dress near the beginning of my last attempt at LT - http://www.unique-vintage.com/images/unique-vintage/10951larger.jpg - & at my goal, it did up & fitted, but, that fabric is so unforgiving! So, I'd love to be able to actually wear it out without worrying about the tummy ;-)

Loving this thread :)

Hannah

I love this thread!!

My outfit has to be a gorgeous jade/turquoise green gress with ruffle running down the middle from Coast.

I've bought it for my friends wedding in May, here's hoping I can get into it by then :§

lovely dress han han, bet you look stunning in it, i'd like to shop at top shop for a size 10 (here's hoping)

Brilliant idea for a post. My dream outfit is this dress over skinny jeans!!!!

This is exactly why I am losing weight. I want a Rockabilly swing dress from Hell Bunny for a friend's wedding in June but they only go upto a size 16... I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I make it in time.

Ok this is a real gut rencher, because its been my goal all my life since I was a very young girl and I saw all my friends in them and they didn't do them in fatty sizes, but deep down I still want to experience this.... ok warning lie down in a comfy position and get a tissue because you will need it to wipe the tears of laughter away......

I want to fit into a pair of dungarees...... I don't know if they even make them anymore, but one day I want to fit into a pair.....

Ok you can stop laughing now :D

dream clothes

How long have we got?? lol

I would love to wear a bikini without feeling mega conscious and a tailored shirt with a pair of skinny jeans.

I Have skinny ish legs so i look ok on the bottom half with leggings but the muffin top in the middle is vile!!

I need to tone my stomach!!!

Carla x

Joining slimming world tommorow night!! :confused:

Love this thread!

It would have to be ANY skirt above ankle length!! I hate my legs so it would be a major achievement to be seen out in a LBD or knee high boots. Can't wait!!!!

Back