Dress size

Amazon84

Just wondering if anyone else has or has had this prob, I have been at slimming world for just over a year and have lost 1st7lb so far, but my dress size hasn't changed (I still have the jeans I went to my first meeting in and admittedly they are slightly looser but not enough to need next size down)

I personally found that my dress size didn't change for ages then it seemed to shift a couple within a matter of weeks. Keep going, it will happen :) I agree with Emsie, the majority of us were probably squeezing in to a size smaller than we should have been...by rights I was a 16 when I started but would have argued blind that I was a 14 and that sizes were getting smaller. Deluded or what!

My clothes size didnt change until I had lost about 2 stone maybe a bit more, after that the change's in clothes and body came very fast

Yessss me too, no change for ages and then I got past the 2 stone mark and it changed really fast. Thought that was just me until reading this, so it's good to know other people are similar :)

Me too - felt like nothing was shifting until I hit about 2 stone, same as you all said. Now I've lost just under 3 stone and I'm two sizes smaller! It seems pretty normal that it happens all at once from what everyone is saying so don't worry too much x

Did anyone's *ahem* chest size go down with weight loss? :eek: I have this suspicion that every time I put on weight it goes to my boobs, and when I lose weight it stays on my boobs...grrr!

Did anyone's *ahem* chest size go down with weight loss? :eek: I have this suspicion that every time I put on weight it goes to my boobs, and when I lose weight it stays on my boobs...grrr!

Yeaaah, sadly enough my bras are looking a bit emptier but if I was to choose between boobs and being overweight or smaller boobs and being slim, small boobs would win for me everytime! :)

This is the reason I usually give up on plans. I lose 2/3 stone but yet nothing changes body wise! But I know I have a lot to lose and it will happen, but I know what you mean. It can be disheartening!!

x

Yeaaah, sadly enough my bras are looking a bit emptier but if I was to choose between boobs and being overweight or smaller boobs and being slim, small boobs would win for me everytime! :)
I'd love smaller boobs! something like a 34GG at the moment. I feel like so many clothes are off-limits to me, not enough boob room!! or too gapey. Thank goodness for Bravissimo!

This is the reason I usually give up on plans. I lose 2/3 stone but yet nothing changes body wise! But I know I have a lot to lose and it will happen, but I know what you mean. It can be disheartening!!

x
Fingers crossed for some results Lisa!! I'm hoping shifting some weight might help me exercise a bit more, maybe toning up will help the measurements?!

I guess the boobs thing can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. I had naff all to start with so kinda worried that they will have vanished by the time I get to goal lol! I am also between bra sizes at the moment which is hugely annoying as none of mind fit properly anymore :(

I guess the boobs thing can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. I had naff all to start with so kinda worried that they will have vanished by the time I get to goal lol! I am also between bra sizes at the moment which is hugely annoying as none of mind fit properly anymore :(
That is annoying, is so expensive to replace a whole bra collection...

I have definitely gone down a bra size. my hubby keeps saying " I don't want you to lose too much off them" ... I keep saying " they're mine not yours" and I'm losing the weight for me not YOU.

I am only seeing a difference in my body now after a 2 stone loss and a lot of people are now commenting whereas before you couldnt tell at all apart from my face looking slimmer. Unfortunately the weight isnt coming off as fast from my tummy but will just plough on and hope it comes off soon x

Oh man I can't wait to lose from my boobs. They are massive, always have been "gifted" in that department but since piling on the pounds they have literally ballooned. People stare at them, I can't blame them they are whoppers and I'd probably look too if they were on someone else. They are heavy and cause me to drop my shoulders and give me aches. I would just love love love to get back to a mere d cup!
In other news, my size 20 trousers are much looser and have even squeezed into the one pair of size 18 jeans following a 1 and a half stone loss so far. Yay!

Oh man I can't wait to lose from my boobs. They are massive, always have been "gifted" in that department but since piling on the pounds they have literally ballooned. People stare at them, I can't blame them they are whoppers and I'd probably look too if they were on someone else. They are heavy and cause me to drop my shoulders and give me aches. I would just love love love to get back to a mere d cup!
In other news, my size 20 trousers are much looser and have even squeezed into the one pair of size 18 jeans following a 1 and a half stone loss so far. Yay!
*dreams of having D cup*...imagine being able to shop at normal bra shops not *special* ones?!

I think the reason that you don't go down a clothes size at the beginning, even though you are losing weight, is because your body tends to get rid of dangerous fat first, so all that internal fat that surrounds our heart/lungs/liver etc, that is the first to go, and lets face it, that is the most important stuff to get rid of!!
I would love love love to lose quite a few dress sizes, but if i have to wait so that my insides are healthy and i'm not gonna have a heart attack, i think it's a good trade off!
Although, i do wish it would hurry up :D

I think the reason that you don't go down a clothes size at the beginning, even though you are losing weight, is because your body tends to get rid of dangerous fat first, so all that internal fat that surrounds our heart/lungs/liver etc, that is the first to go, and lets face it, that is the most important stuff to get rid of!!
I would love love love to lose quite a few dress sizes, but if i have to wait so that my insides are healthy and i'm not gonna have a heart attack, i think it's a good trade off!
Although, i do wish it would hurry up :D

Ooh that's interesting, I didn't realise that! :)

Back