Drinking alcohol while Calorie Counting - Help needed!

KMD

Silver Member
Hi Guys,

In need of help!!!! I'm going out on saturday night for my sisters birthday and we are all drinking (please don't tell me I shouldn't while I'm on my diet) I have to have a life too! :) So wondered if you lovely people have any suggestions on what I should be drinking?! I'm wanting to try and stay in my calories for the day 1,200, or even take it up to 1,500/1,600. I'm thinking even if I have 1,600 It shouldn't make me gain weight if I've been good the rest of the week should it? I'm thinking Rose wine, prosecco, or spirits but when we go out we tend to get very drunk so thinking the highest alcohol content and lowest calories! (I'm only going to be 21 once :-D)So wondered if anyone knew the lowest calorie prosecco and rose wine??

Thanks! xxx

Spirits with low cal mixers would be best i think x :)

A bottle of rose wine is roughly 500 calories.

A single shot of vodka is roughly 60 calories (that can be said for all the clear spirits - dark spirits are a little higher).

I go out about once a fortnight and drink. I allocate 1000 calories and then don't worry about it.

If you stick to low cal for the day you're not going to eat enough before drinking and you'll be seriously hungover/sick.

You also need to think about any post drinking food!

But you're right, you can't put your life on hold. Aim for a day of calories at maintence, which will be about 500 calories off your weekly total? Remember that you need a deficit of 3500 calories per week to lose 1lb per week. It really doesn't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Back