drinking is making me thirsty!

misscphillips

the more water I drink the more dry my mouth feels and I get a headache like dehydration... go figure! anyone else?
i sip pretty much all day at work as carry bottle around with me when i'm teaching and it sits on my desk while im working in the office, not having massive guzzles at once which i know they say you can drink too much in one go.
never used to feel thirsty and didnt drink all day at work ever had time but now im carrying water with me its constant thirst
just thought actually - maybe its not thirst it could be "ketosis mouth" perhaps?

I don't know what it is, but I wake through the night chocking for a drink and crave water first thing on a morning. I drink my 3l throughout the course of the day but when I'm not on this diet I am completely different. The more I drink, the more I seem to want !

It's because you're not getting water from food, so you usually drink more.

I find that ketosis mouth doesn't help much and I just want to drink t get rid of that nasty, fuzzy feeling.

The one big thing which puts me off this diet is my breath whilst in Ketosis. I am conscious of it ALL the time. I'm single, and have been known to refuse dates because of it lol

Tried it all, chewing gum, listerine strips, mouth spray - they help in the short term but it doesn't stop you feeling sooooo conscious about it does it :(

i had this before the diet too tho, the more water i drink the more thirsty i feel lol, perhaps i have a water addiction....

I don't want to worry you, but feeling thirsty all the time is one of the symptoms of diabetes, you haven't got any other symptoms have you?

Like I said don't wish to worry you, but it's is an odd side effect you have.

Back