Drinking on Lipotrim

Definately not... mind you I am on the refeeding process juat now and am having one g and t, very bold.. there is alink somewhere that has been posted that shows you the chemical changes alcohol has on your body when in ketosis and it is not pretty, also some members who have drunk have found themselves paralytic on one or tow drinks, falling over etc.. it also causes you to retain fluid like no ones business and can result in as much as 6 or 7 pounds weight gain in a day or so.. your glycomes go mad. the alcohol effects your brain very quickly and your blood sugar goes haywire.. no drinks i am afraid ( says i as i sip my gin!!) xxx

alcohol + Lipotrim = No

pretty simple

No, there's a chance of dieing if you do.

Highly dangerous when on a VCLD :eek::)

i read that some where too about blood sugars being low it can send u into a coma if u have alcohol did i imagine that or has anyone else read that to???

well i am on my 21st birthday nxt week n my chemist sed its fine soooo its ther folt if sumet appens haha

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol

well last night i got a bottle of vodka (house warmer) and coke zero. i drank the whole lot and i actually lost weight! im still drunk though ha ha!

u wana watch urself doin tha love, ur guna make urself ill, ur body is in such a fragile state on lipotrim and ur puttin alcohol into it is only guna b doin bad.... be careful x

I defo wouldn't risk it!! It will probs make the whole week you just did pointless too fx

Is it safe to drink on lipotrim? Im not going to jst want to know a bit about drinking on lipotrim so i wont:)

i did at 18!

nearlly died! got wasted of like 3 pints, i was dead.... dragged home by 3 mates, fell asleep in gutter

vomiting in ma sleep,

ma dad had to watch me all night (coz is mate died by chokin on sick in his sleep)

ive never been that drunk on so little alcohol

DO NOT DO IT

how long after you come off LT would it be safe to have a drink?? does anyone know for future reference!

Once you go back to normal eating then its ok. But definately not on any TFR, imagine how it is to drink on an empty stomach and times that by a hundred, its dangerous. Having a drink whilst trying to lose weight is pretty silly anyway, 1200 calories for 5 pints of beer!!

So I would defo say stay away! xxx

Well I only found this forum while looking for this very subject.

Even once you start re feeding it is a BAD idea.

I had a couple of drinks the other night, and did not finish or enjoy any of them, but they go me drunk...more than I realised...but I felt fine. did not feel drunk at all.

Only realised I was drunk when they breathlized me.....so now I am facing a possible driving ban. going to the police station tonight to be officially charged and to find out when the court appearance is.

I do not normally drink much anyway, and certainly not when driving...I am always so careful about that.

Alcohol after lipotrim is BAD I lost about 4 stone...from 14 11 down to 10 st 13.

Started in February....had a month off at end of March for14 days for a holiday that was planned before I started lipotrim, and then when back on it in April till a couple fo weeks back.

In to the second or third week of re feeding

Yes my bloody stupid fault, but alcohol really does hit you hard once you have lost weight and have been on lipotrim

Dont be an idiot like I have. if you do have a party planned...maybe have a few small drinks a day or two before at home, to see what the effect on you is going to be...before it is to late

Back