Drinking?

Kellybeeb

Hi All

So I know your not meant to drink on cambridge but its my cousins 21st and I really want to go out. I'm with her a full weekend and haven't seen her since I moved 3 years ago.

I want to keep losing weight and only want to be "off" the diet one night.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Kelly

Hey Kelly,
As you know your not supposed to drink whilst in ketosis but if you know you are going to make sure you have something substantial to eat before hand. Also drink plenty of water x

Hey Curly

Thanks very much for the advice. I will have to think how much I want to drink compared to how much I want to lose that week.

Congrats on becoming a CDC as well!

x

Be sure you are out of ketosis, and are on more calories. Maybe follow 1000 or 1200 for a couple of days.

A few nibbles isn't enough really.

And don't forget that you can still have a fantastic time without alcohol. Honest :D That way you wont jeopardize anything :clap:

Dont know about you but when im hungover i need to eat lol so make sure you dont drink to much so you dont do the same....and if you drink water at the end of the night i find it makes the hangover less or sometimes not even appear! x

Just to quickly add here.

The concern is not to do with weightloss, or whether you come out of ketosis, just more to do with the safety aspect. It can be pretty dangerous to drink both in ketosis, and on so few calories.

It's not something that would be recommended 'as a one off' any more that putting your head in an oven, or cutting your wrists is okay as long as it's a 'one off'.

Alcohol is fine in small doses, but only if you eat more and add more carbs.

I used to drink quite a lot both when I went out and having dinners with friends and now on CD I find I am not missing the alcohol at all and still have a great time with my friends without it. I have plenty of sparkling water and just enjoy myself.
I read up on the internet about alcohol and VLC diets and it's really quite dangerous so please be careful.

Ta girls i don't think I will be drinking its not that i miss it really but i was worried i may feel that way when i'm out with her. I got out with Greg all the time and not drink but haven't been out just the girls in a long time.

Ta girls i don't think I will be drinking its not that i miss it really but i was worried i may feel that way when i'm out with her. I go out with Greg all the time and not drink but haven't been out just the girls in a long time.

Back