Drinks at Café

Qua Sae

On the 12th Feb, OH & I are meeting my Grandparents for a coffee & a catch up. Unfortunately this is a small café so I am stumped as to what to have.. I can't drink coffee or tea because I have IBS & I used to have a hot chocolate, but I imagine that's full of syns - it's not skimmed milk either, I asked last time.

What can I have to drink while I'm there? Normally OH & I would go to Costa & I'd get a small skinny decaf iced coffee.. But my Grandparents don't like to spend much money & they don't really like big chains.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi JustmeGemmy,

I also have IBS so tend to stick to herbal teas if I go out as even the smaller cafes have started selling them. You could always have a diet drink instead or take an options sachet and ask them to put hot water in there for you.

Aisha xx

Diet coke?

I used to get this all the time at the likes of Starbucks, Costa etc. much to my other half's dismay.

I wish I could have a diet coke, but there's something in it (That isn't in other 'Zero' drinks) that aggravates my IBS :(

I hadn't thought of asking them for some hot water for an options packet.. I might try to do that before my Grandparents get there so they don't ask any questions. Lol.

I wish I could have a diet coke, but there's something in it (That isn't in other 'Zero' drinks) that aggravates my IBS :(

I hadn't thought of asking them for some hot water for an options packet.. I might try to do that before my Grandparents get there so they don't ask any questions. Lol.

They usually don't charge for hot water whenever I've gone - may be you could buy some fruit to munch on if they sell it to look polite ;) - an apple or banana probably won't be too expensive either.

Hope you enjoy catching up with your grandparents I just had a lovely afternoon with my lovely nan. :D

Back