Drinks

MrsDannyDyer

Silver Member
Can anyone tell me, can u have diet juice or no added sugar juice on the atkins diet?

If you mean S/F or L/C then yes, but I don't recommend it. A large part of Atkins or any Low carb diet is teaching your body not to want sugars and sweet stuff. However, if it's that or eating a pound of chocolate then yes by all means do it.

I drink Green Tea, a couple or 3 mugs a day and 8 pints of water. Boring I know.

Oh and a glass or 5 of red wine on a Friday night. ;)

I know you wont want to hear this but water is really good to drink while you are low carbing. Just like on Cambridge it helps flush out the fat and keeps you hydrated so you dont retain water.

I am really trying to wean myself off diet drinks. They are bad for your blood sugar your teeth not to mention bone density and brain function. However Atkins does allow them if you must. Personally I find they actually make me hungry and cause cravings. But I do have a thing for coke zero!

Jac

I'm struggling with the water but go lower people say it really helps with the weight loss, I don't really drink tea or coffee either. Normally drink fruit cordial hot or cold but thats a no no.
I read an artical that sweeteners in low calorie drinks can actually cause your body to come out of ketosis (once I get into it - no sign yet, only started yesterday though) so I am staying well away. I also want to get rid of the sweet cravings. Xx

sorry if you've already covered this just want to make sure!! are you allowed no added suger squash like robbinson's etc. I've been drinking these & still losing weight only have 1 a day

thanks

If your on Atkins induction Sarah, then technically, no. But if it's not causing stalling then I wouldn't worry. There is of course the other facet that says you may be loosing more if you didn't?

You can buy something called Crystal Light off ebay. It's an american no sugar powder that you can add to water.... I've been on lots of other forums & people have used this with no probs, even on induction. It's by Splenda.
Best thing to do is give it a try & if your weight loss slows or stops then give it up.

I drink green tea and water, best not to have anything with sweeteners in or low cal drinks, they are really habit forming just as much as sugar can be...I do have coffee with cream in too mmm...some days...

mmmmmmmmmmm just noticed your Danny Dyer piccie yum yum yum
xxx

Back